5.

05. People are cruel.

"I TOLD YOU PEOPLE ARE CRUEL,  DIDN'T I, HAN SEOJUN?" Dan did say people did bad things to her, but I never expected to see her like this. She looked so hurt. "Why did you let them? Y-You guys know about this, right? Do something!" I angrily yelled at the cops who were standing behind Dan.

"They're the ones who did this, silly." Dan laughed at me. "I can't stop them, they are the law. I am only prisoner number 0122 to them." Dan looked down, like usual. "What? What is that supposed to mean?" I banged on the glass again. 

"You jerks, you really hit a woman like this!" I was angry. I would hate to see my mom or Gowoon like this, beaten up by men, by the law. I would hate to see Im Jugyeong like this, too. I wasn't angry because I cared about Dan, of course.

The cops only stood there without saying a word. I scoffed and looked back at Dan. "It's okay, I'll be out of here soon if I behave." Dan sat down and spread her legs. She leaned forward and rested her arms on her legs while intertwining her fingers together. "But I don't feel like being good to them, you know?" Not this again. 

"Dan-" "I am going to kill these jerks one day, just you wait." Dan said and smiled at me to, unfortunately, assure that she was not joking. "Don't." I only managed to say this. 

"Don't what? "Don't behave?" "Don't let them live?" What?" Although she already knew what I meant, she played dumb and asked what I meant my "don't." "Stop playing dumb, bonehead! Don't kill anybody, that won't get you out of here." I warned her.

"I have nothing to lose, Han Seojun. Why does it matter?" 

"And don't you ever call me a bonehead again, hamskisser." 

"What the hell did you call me?" I scoffed and looked at her with disgust.

 "I called you a hamskisser. It suits you." She teased and snickered. "You psycho, can't you let me be concerned for your safety for once?" I groaned. 

"Concerned? As in worried?" She stopped laughing and leaned closer to the glass in the blink of an eye. She looked at me, desperate for my answer. "You're getting the wrong idea. I'm not-" "You have a big fat crush on me. As fat as that lady behind you, right?" I looked back and saw that lady from the other day. I looked back at Dan and practically growled out "You're so rude and for what?!" 

"Look who's talking, you started it!" Dan spat. "You better not get over your crush on me, I'll be out of here soon. I'll come for you, Han Seojun. You and your silly accessories." She continued to speak like it was true. "What's wrong with my accessories?"I said, touching my earrings and chains with each hand. 

"Nothing, you look good." Dan smiled, stroking her hair back. But her smiles are never real. "Whatever, Dan. I'm leaving. You take care, behave so you can leave this place soon." I stood up and Dan followed. "Han Seojun" She called my name. "What now?" I said. "You... Nothing, nevermind." She smiled and let the cops cuff her. But they were so aggressive it made me want to break the glass and take her from them.