Issue 16 - Attack on Villains Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Whoa?! Y/N, your costume looks amazing!" Everyone shouted.

Taking off my mask, I looked away, slightly embarrassed. "O-oh. Thanks, it took a lot of convincing to get this design off the floor."

Midoriya came running over to inspect it. "Wait, is that the original costume you're wearing?"

Pulling at my hoodie, I nodded. "Yeah, the designers weren't happy with me keeping it, but I wanted something to remind me of where I came from and not to forget what I'm fighting for."

"I, of course, made some adjustments." I point out, pulling a small leaver from my waist. Coming out from under my arms was small webbing. Lifting my arms up, I turned around. "So?"

Midoriya began jotting notes down, amazed. "No way is that a glider?! That's so cool!"

"I know, right! I can't always rely on my webs to get around if I was to ever run out. I've also got a few new gadgets to go alongside it. But I'll keep it a surprise for now. Oh! Also, check out the mask."

Midoriya put on the mask, overwhelmed. "Whoa, no way! The lens zoom in?"

"Yup, so I can see far away. I'm always so high up I thought something like that would be useful. Oh, not to mention night vision." I boast; Midoriya took the mask off, handing it back to me. "I made sure to have everything I needed; no corners were cut this time around."

"Alright, that's enough gossiping. Sit down. We're heading off."

Sitting down next to Ashido, I kept staring at my mask, overjoyed with the results. "I don't think I've seen you this happy since your birthday party."

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I just, I was never thrilled with the suit I had before. It was passable and got the job done, but it was never ideal. At the end of the day, I was fighting crime in my sweat pants; not much of a hero with that, am I? I've been conflicted over the past few weeks with it all, but it's the little things that help get me through... Oh, and of course you. Ugh, well, like... I'm going to stop talking now."

Ashido laughed, nudging me. "I hear ya; I feel the same way, Y/N."

"If this is a team exercise, I'm so on Y/N's team," Kaminari shouted.

"Hey, no fair, I want to be on Y/N's team." Ashido barked.

"I think it's only fair that I'm on Y/N's team. We did go to the same school." Kirishima pointed out.

Bakugo snarled, disgusted. "Who the hell would want to be on a team with that side character?"

"Why are you always so hostile, Bakugo? You won't get far being a hero if you get everyone to hate you." Kaminari stated.

"Shut up, weakling! I don't care what people think; I'll beat down anyone who thinks otherwise!"

"This is going to be a long day..."

****

I was overwhelmed by the size of the training facility. I knew it was something from the pictures, but this blew it out of the park. Then, finally, a person in an astronaut suit came to greet us. "Good afternoon, everyone; welcome to USJ; it's great to finally meet you all."

"Whoa, it's the space hero Thirteen!"

I gave her a strange look. While I hadn't heard of her personally, something about Thirteen was familiar. 

"Today, we will be training to use our quirks to save people instead of fighting. This facility, the unforeseen simulation joint, will put all of your quirks to the test; you will work together to overcome anything thrown at you and beat the odds." She explained. Everyone got really excited as I was preparing for the mission. Checking my web-shooters, I didn't fire any off, just going over the trigger. Finally, thirteen came over, making me look up. "Y/N Parker, is that really you?"