The Beer Pong Queen

"Yes!" You cheered as another ball went flying into the cup on the other end of the table, letting go of a chuckle as you friend took the ball out and downed the drink that was inside. Your side of the table was still full, with barely a drop of alcohol drunk, whilst hers got less full with every ball that was thrown.

Your game of beer pong had attracted quite the attention from fellow drinkers at the pub, watching on with intrigue. You paid attention to none of them though, making sure that you focused on your game, and getting your friend as drunk as you could as quickly as possible.

One pair of eyes in particular was unable to look anywhere but at you as you played. A group of seven boys hovered around the back of the crowd that had gathered around you, with murmurs of stepping up next to prove to you that you weren't as good at beer pong as you thought.

As yet another ball missed as it came towards you, you quickly chased after it to pick it up. Your eyes followed it as a foot reached out to stop it, allowing you to bend down and grab it.

"Thanks," you hummed, glancing up at the figure who had caught the ball once you had it safely in your hand. He simply smiled back at you, keeping his hands nervously in front of him until you turned back around to walk the table, letting go of a soft sigh.

Beside him, his friend instantly reached out and pushed against his arm. "What is wrong with you?" Jin frowned, shaking his head at his leader, "you could have at least said hello to her, she's a pretty girl, and good at peer bong too."

Namjoon's head shook back at him, keeping his eyes firmly on you as you walked back to the table. "I wanted to say something, I just didn't quite know what to say. A girl like her you have to make sure the first thing you say creates a good first impression."

His eyes watched firmly as you let go of the ball once again, unable to stop himself from a small fist bump as the ball bounced into the cup. The attention of the rest of his group was now on him, surprised by how invested he was in the game.

All of them stared at him in disbelief as he turned back to grab his drink from the booth that they'd settled at. "There's no way we're letting you leave this place tonight without at least introducing yourself to her," Taehyung warned him.

"Why don't you step up and give her a challenge?" Yoongi then suggested from his other side, pointing back to you. "If you manage to beat her, then I reckon it'll leave her pretty impressed and keen to get to know you more as well."

"When have you ever known me to be good at beer pong? I'm far too clumsy," he argued.

Their heads instantly shook back at him, refusing to let him get out of the situation that quickly. They'd known him long enough to be able to pick up on what the look in his eyes suggested, they had barely been able to look anywhere else but at you and the table.

"You've got nothing to lose even if you do mess up, you guys can just have a laugh about it after your game," Jimin tried to reassure him, "except for a really pretty girl, but you don't need to worry about that too much.

"I don't have her to lose her," Namjoon reminded them all, "you're all just running away with yourselves, just leave it and let's watch, alright?"

The seven of them watched the rest of your beer pong match with little conversation, only to cheer every time a ball went into a cup on either side of the table. Eventually, you managed to clear the other side of the table, watching your friend stumble back as a result of how quickly they'd been made to drink up.

"Anyone else?" You questioned, looking around the pub for your next challenger. Heads shook as people stepped back, politely declining to take you on, with the exception of one voice that decided to call out in response to you.

"This guy will!" Jin called out, not giving Namjoon the time to respond before his hand pressed into the small of his back, nudging him forwards. He stumbled towards the table, grabbing onto it to steady himself as you offered him a smile.

Your eyebrows raised questionably back at him, "you think you can beat me at beer pong? You're a brave guy, I'll give you that much."

You grabbed yourself a drink as the table was set up with more cups and alcohol. The other members of Namjoon's group walked towards the table to be able to support him, whispering pieces of advice into his ear as he got ready to play.

"I hate you all," he snapped back as the game began.

It didn't take long before Namjoon found himself drinking a few cups of alcohol, taken aback by your first start. Whilst he had the aim, the balls he through continued to bounce around the rim of several of the cups with nothing dropping in. Your side of the table was still full, as his continued to shrink.

"Pull it together," you could hear one of his friends yell out to him from behind as he took yet another drink. You failed to hold back your snigger, smiling in apology when he looked across at you in response to your noise.

It didn't take long before you managed to clear the opposite side of the table, with only three cups on your side gone. His friends were quick to berate him for not trying harder, but he seemed far too tipsy to concentrate on what they were saying.

You soon made your way around the table to offer your hand out for him to shake, congratulating him on at least trying to think that he could compete with you.

"Don't worry, my friends stitch me up all the time too," you comforted, glancing back to your group of friends who cheered you on.

His smile widened as you spoke, "they like to think they're being funny, but I just end up getting embarrassed at the end of it instead."

"Why?" You challenged, "it takes guts to come up and play when your friends force you into it, you could have easily said no and walked away. Trust me, I don't think you should be embarrassed if that makes you feel any better."

As his head nodded back at you, you were relieved that you could at least do something to make him feel better about such a one-sided defeat.

"If I didn't at least try and come and beat you, then I wouldn't have had the chance to properly say hello after I stopped the ball either," he spoke back to you, "and so if some slightly absurd way, I have to thank them because I think they're plan has worked."

"Well, you certainly didn't need to challenge me to a game of beer pong to get my attention," you teased back, "however, with a bit of practice I'm sure you'll be able to prove them wrong and beat me one day."

His head nodded back at you, "what do you say? Fancy showing me the ropes properly on a date some time?"

"That sounds like a good idea to me."