Fifty-Eight

You know...and I may be a demon for this, but I like to think that the person who shot Jay ALSO crashed into Rei. I also like to think those were some of my most "cliche" "Wattpad" moments. It's a really...funny.....joke. N E WAYS!

No question. Just a request. Put me on some good new (or old) R&B if you can! This will be hard lmao.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles
Houston, Texas
February 27th, 2017
Home

Y/N's entry into the house was accompanied by an immense sadness, her eyes red and clothes wet as she escaped the rain outside.

Somehow, she made her sadness a fashion statement; barely letting it disrupt her structured appearance as she carefully removed her suit jacket.

Her movements, however, were robotic as she stiffly lifted her arms to hang her jacket on the coat rack.

And then she stood there.

No words. No sound.

Just a still silence as she seemingly glitched to a halt.

My chest thrummed with worry, my body lifting from the couch as I carefully waddled over to her; trying not to irritate my stitches while shuffling towards her. And the surgeon...she didn't even notice me. Not when I was right behind her, not when my hand touched her cold shoulder, and not even when I whispered, "Are you ok?"

No.

She just remained still, only her head moving to seemingly drop her blank gaze to the ground.

I gulped.

"Y-" For a moment, my words got stuck as her body tensed; a beat of silence passing before I tried again. "Y/N?"

A loud, yet tired cry entered the room as Sir woke up from his nap; his rocking chair doing nothing to soothe him as he irritably tossed and turned in his harness.

Horrible fucking timin-

Her movements were silent as she crossed the room, the sound of our-no . . . my son almost jumpstarting her body into motion.

"It's ok, baby boy. I got you." Was the nearly whispered promise she gave while carefully unbuckling him, the baby's cries subsiding slightly the moment she lifted him into her arms. "Shhhh. You're gonna wake up the little princess with all this crying."

My body was frozen in place.

"I know you wanna cry, and that is ok. I wanna cry too." My eyes widened as she sniffled. "But Mama's got you now...so there's nothing for us to worry about, ok?" She placed his pacifier in his mouth, rhythmically tapping the back of it in time with his suckles. "See? That wasn't so hard was it, little one?" Turning toward me, I was surprised to see how much her eyes had lit up as she softly asked, "When was the last time they ate?"

"Um..." My mind had short-circuited as her misty gaze met mine, the leftover tears breaking my heart. "I-I don't remember."

One of her eyebrows lifted. "Have you pumped?" There was a couple beats of silence, the surgeon's stare intensifying as she quietly added, "Are...are you o-"

"Yes, I've pumped." The words came out rushed as I stood way quicker than I should've, the feeling of her gaze on me pushing the slight pain in my stomach away. "They should be ready to eat. I'll-"

"Hey." The firmness of the call made me halt, the surgeon walking in front of me before nodding towards the couch. "Sit back down."

"Y/N-"

"You shouldn't be moving so much. You'll never properly heal at this rate." Her big hands carefully cradled Sir as she unknowingly rocked him straight back into a nap. "So just...sit down and watch Rumi." When I didn't seem to budge, she murmured a gentle, "Please?"