Chapter 2 (Part I): Approaching Storm

Start from the beginning

"Do you remember that place? It's the same one we went to before Mom and Dad..." Rin's peaceful expression morphed into one of sadness and anguish.

The older of the two lifted his left hand and reached over, patting Rin's head to soothe her state of distress which seemed to work as the frown disappeared and a happy smile replaced it.

"The cotton candy got a lot better! Because Y/N was with me, he let me buy so much cotton candy but then I had a stomach ache and he had to take me home after that..." Rin snuggled closer to the male's arm, her expression turning content to feel his presence.

"I had a lot of fun there. Hopefully, the three of us can all go there someday, maybe with Miss Amber Eyes-sama and Gestell-san. I'm happy that I was able to meet him, he's my best friend..."

Y/N's E/C eyes widened and he felt his face heat up from her words, yet his left hand didn't stop and continued to pat her head.

"Are you... blushing, human?"

"(O-Of course, I am! It's not every day that someone confesses that they're happy to have met you!)"

"Hm... Is that so...?"

An amused tone fueled the Herrscher's every word.

"Then... Just know, that I am miserable to have met you, human."

"(And there it is...)" Y/N's good mood was ruined as quickly as it had been built up. "(The feeling's mutual, you jackass!)"

"Tell me, what is the girl to you?"

"H-Huh? That's a difficult thing to answer since I don't have anyone close to me that I could use as a reference... My mom was also an only child too... Although..." Y/N held his chin in thought. "If you want an actual, then I guess she's like a little sister to me."

"I see..."

"Mmh?" The girl resting her head on Y/N's right shoulder groaned and slowly opened her eyes. With her right hand, she pushed herself up, using Y/N's body for stability, while rubbing her eyes with the back of her left hand.

Rin yawned, stretching her arms upward and letting out a soft sigh at the end. Her blue eyes adjusted to the room that was devoid of any light, looking at the digital clock nearby to see that it was still around 7 o'clock.

"Good morning, Gestell-san..."

Y/N didn't say anything and sat there with a blank stare as Rin continued her morning routines of stretching. Slowly, bits of the sunrise began to trickle into the room, and light up her youthful features and the room itself.

"Say, where's Y/N and Miss Amber Eyes-sama? They're not here... Ah, oh well." Rin leaned back and placed her head on his lap, giggling when she felt "Gestell" running their hand through her pink hair. "I guess it's just me and you, Gestell-san-" Rin finally opened her eyes and froze when her blue orbs stared into the male's E/C pair, while he continued to nonchalantly comb through her hair and look down at her as if it was an everyday occurrence. "KYAA!" She quickly sat up, narrowly avoiding slamming her forehead into his jaw.

The once quiet abode of Rin's family was now erupting with youthful life with the loud, frantic shout of the youngest daughter as the guest covered his ears to drown out the eardrum destroying screech.