❝MY KIND OF REBIRTH TASTED LIKE BLOOD.❞
— anna de noailles, "dazzled, precise"

NEW YORK TIMES
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE DEVIL OF HELL'S KITCHEN
by Lorelai Castiglione

THE DAILY BUGLE
MASKED WOMAN: DAREDEVIL'S NEW PARTNER?
by Irene Merryweather

NEW YORK BULLETIN
LAWYER MATT MURDOCK DEFENDS EX JOURNALIST LORELAI CASTIGLIONE AGAINST MURDER CHARGES
by Ben Ulrich

NEW YORK BULLETINLAWYER MATT MURDOCK DEFENDS EX JOURNALIST LORELAI CASTIGLIONE AGAINST MURDER CHARGESby Ben Ulrich

⠀⠀⠀⠀LORELAI CASTIGLIONE was not supposed to be part of the story. No, as a journalist, she was supposed to write it. Her infamous investigative piece about one of New York's most prominent crime syndicates earned her a job with the New York Times right out of graduate school. She collected awards for her reporting for months, even becoming a highly sought-after keynote speaker. The journalism society could not wait for her next piece. Everyone wondered what was next. Nothing. After receiving critical acclaim, she could not produce an article up to her self-imposed standards. Nothing compared to the story of THE HAND.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Lorelai's only cousin, FRANK CASTLE, would call her a peach their entire childhood. "You're as sweet as a peach," he would say, hoisting his eldest cousin onto his shoulders. Now, WITH BLOOD STAINING HER PALMS, she isn't too sure she believes him anymore. ( All fruit eventually rots. ) But, the man lying face down in the alleyway DESERVED TO DIE, she swears. He had wrapped his fingers around her throat and attempted to force his hand down her dress. Lorelai hopes he died with a sour taste on his tongue from the rotten peach he bit. He DESERVED TO BLEED, she knows.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Injustice was a plague in Hell's Kitchen; it infected the people living there. Lorelai Castiglione's body ran rampant with the disease for most of her childhood as her sacred body became tainted by the priest's touch. She wanted to cut out the infection, piece by piece, but her father ignored her. So, for years, as long as her little sister was not marred, she let the infection DEVOUR HER, the CURE LYING DORMANT. Frank Castle had fallen victim to the disease when his entire family—part of her family—was brutally massacred. He then taught Lorelai—his beloved cousin, his best friend—that the sickness needed to be cured by any means necessary, even death. After the night in the alley, Lorelai follows her cousin's preachings as if they were the gospel, promising to be JUDGE, JURY, AND EXECUTIONER, rectifying wrongs for those who have also fallen victim to injustice. She provides justice.

⠀⠀⠀⠀When her editors threaten to fire her and demand a rough draft on their desks by the end of the week, Lorelai does what no vigilante should do: unveils the existence of THE CRIMSON FURY. Her article about her crime-fighting alter ego makes the front page of the New York Times, bolstering her fame tenfold. Upon his firm partner reading the article about the woman who takes the law into her own hands to him, MATT MURDOCK takes it upon himself to locate the new vigilante. ( Sentencing must be done by judge and jury, not the executioner who will always crave blood. )