Chapter 2

Crystal ducked the hand that was swinging towards her face. Taking advantage of her crouched position, she swept her foot out and kicked her opponent's feet out from under him. This effectively knocked him down on his back. Crystal stood up and wiped her mouth, smearing the blood that was dripping down her chin from a lip wound. She noticed the guy on the ground starting to push himself off the ground so she went over and lifted her leg. Crystal brought her leg back down with a powerful kick to the guy's face, effectively knocking him unconscious.

That crowd that surrounded Crystal cheered. She smirked, holding her closed fist in the air, showing that she was the clear winner. Walking out of the makeshift fighting ring, Crystal noticed a group of buff men come up and, once again, carry the guy she just fought to another room to get looked at. "Another amazing fight from the undefeated champion." Drew came up to Crystal and tossed her a water bottle. Crystal caught it and chugged it within a minute. She was just that thirsty.

"Gah." Crystal wiped away the water that had dribbled down her chin. "That fight felt good." She patted Drew on the back and started to walk towards the stairs leading down to the locker rooms.

Drew hummed as he rummaged around in his bag to find a towel for Crystal. "You did amazing out there." When he finally found the towel, Drew gave a noise of victory and threw the towel at Crystal's head.

"Thanks." Crystal wiped her face off. "So how much did we win?" She asked as she changed into some more comfortable clothes.

Drew grinned devilishly and held up a wad of cash in his hand. "Does this please you?"

Crystal stared owlishly at it. "That's more than we made last time!" She picked up her gym bag and slung it over her shoulder. "If we made that much every fight I would already have been out of my dads house months ago."

"If only we made this much all the time." Drew flipped through the cash with his thumb. "Anyway I'll get your share to you sometime later this week."

"Great." Crystal patted Drew on the shoulder as she passed him. "See you then." She walked out of the abandoned building feeling calm and at peace.

That peace and calm didn't last long that night, for as soon as Crystal reached her house she heard the bustling of her awake father. Crystal mentally cursed. "What's he doing awake?" She grumbled. Her father should have been passed out, stone drunk from how many beers he's had.

Crystal thought about finding another way into the house. Too bad all of the windows were locked and her father was most likely stumbling around by the back door looking for more alcohol. Her heart beat as she reached for the doorknob. 'You can do this.' Crystal tried to cheer herself on. It did nothing for the feeling of anxiety rising in her chest. She only hoped that she didn't catch her fathers attention.

Opening the door, Crystal cringed at the loud creaking sounds it made. Quickly closing the door she made to tiptoe and run at the same time up the stairs. She got halfway before the gruff voice of her father stopped her dead in her tracks. "What do you think your doing?!"

Crystal turned around on the step to face her father. "Going to bed?"

"I don't think so, bitch. Get down here right now." He ordered. Crystal took note of the bottle of whisky in his clenched fist. "Where were you?" Her father demanded.

"I wasn't anywhere. I've been here all night." Crystal gave a nervous chuckle and looked at the ground.

Her father grunted and took a swig from his bottle. With his free hand, the disheveled man gripped Crystal chin and pulled her face to his. His beady dark eyes stared into her scared ones. "Don't you fucking dare lie to me." He growled. Crystal held in a gag. Her fathers breath stunk of alcohol and something else. She wanted to move back but the hand holding her face prevented that. "Now tell me the truth, where we're you!"

Crystal felt weak under her fathers gaze. She might be strong, but when it came to her father she felt powerless. "I was out."

The hand released Crystals face but it was quickly raised. Crystal stumbled from the hand that swung and struck her across the cheek. She looked up at the looming fights above her. "That wasn't a fucking answer you fucking bitch!" Crystal knew she would anger her father more, but it was better than him knowing where she actually went. "Get out of my sight!" Crystal was frozen in place. "Now!"

Crystal scrambled over herself as she rushed up the stairs and into the safety of her room. She slammed the door shut and placed her desk chair under the doorknob. Crystal threw her bag on the floor and jumped into her bed. Tucking herself under the heavy blankets, Crystal pulled them over her head. What was wrong with her? She should have been able to defend herself. Why did her father scare her so much? Crystal just wanted to scream and cry.

Why can't she just stand up for herself?!

~
Hey lovelies. Sorry about the long awaited update. I really thought I would have written more by now? But soon my spring semester will be over so hopefully I'll be able to tackle this story.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Byeeeeee