{1}

A girl, clearly very, very lost in thought sat alone. Her feet dangled below her harmlessly, heavier than usual because of the thick leather and fur boots protecting them from the biting cold. The cold was not a problem though, the girl hadn't felt the sensation of warmth- or anything at all, besides pain, fear, hunger and rage- in nearly 200 years. Our small protagonist lost count years ago, living, eating, and gaining power were all that mattered.

She had long ago lost all recollection of her past life, everything good slipped through her fingers once she became a demon. It was not by will. But, she didn't remember any of it, not that it mattered to her currently, sitting on a tree branch in absolute silence.

The girl on the tree branch felt at peace, but she didn't know of course. All of her straying thoughts pulled together and her eyes opened, revealing the red-tinted world to her dull eyes. Her nose picked up the faint scent of blood, and Muzan. The she-demon froze in place after hearing the snap of a twig. A man appeared, a sword at his side, and kimono covering his Demon Slayer Corps uniform.

Their eyes locked, hers calm, his fear-stricken. If the girl was honest, this man smelled nasty, she didn't want to know what he tasted like. It made bile rise in her throat.

"Hello. I can assume you are going to try and kill me, yes?" The girl asked him from far up in the tree. Her voice sounded young, gentle, innocent. Clearly this gave the Demon Slayer comfort because he smirked at her confidently.

"Of course, little demon." Venom dripped from his voice. The girl frowned, clearly he had no good attitude! No manners either. The sitting girl let out a breathy sigh before pushing off the tree to the ground. The drop was 40 feet easy. The she demon landed with a delicate thud, though it dented the ground. The man shuddered, realizing his mistake. The 'little' demon was clearly not so little. She stood 7 foot 5.

Deciding to eat the man, she swiped her tongue across her teeth, feeling the gnarled fangs. She grinned, revealing her pearly whites. It was easy to take the low ranker down and she ate him quickly, leaving bones and his head. Then she burried the remains in the blood red snow. It was habit. Something close to human stirred closer to the surface whenever she ate flesh.

It eased the girl's conscious to bury the remains, as well as to quiet the ever-strange feeling. The other demons didn't understand her strange ways. They often avoided her, she avoided them too.
A silent agreement. The demons stood and cleaned blood off of her thin, tattered clothing. Snow was rubbed against her lightly toned stomach that shined a sickly white.

She stepped lightly across the snow, a sort of dance across the shimmering white, towards the scent of blood, Muzan, death. Her speeds were incredible, running as if only a blur for a moment, then gone once again. The demon leaped onto the roof quietly. She crept along to a little open space between building and lightly landed on the ground. Bodies scattered the area. One girl in particular stood out. She had been protecting a little boy.

The demon approached the limp body and crouched down. Her gentle fingers weaves through the girls hair. The demon hummed in thought. The girl was alive, barely. Muzan must have left her. The demon stood and wandered the property in search of a bucket and some water. She found what she was searching for and nimbly weaves her way back to the girl.

She removed the kimono gently and set it off to the side. She pulled out a small vile from Tamayo. The demon quickly went to work and poured small drops of the liquid over the wounds. It would reduce infection and help the wounds heal faster.

Once satisfied, the she demon stood, kimono clutched in her hand. She took the bucket and began cleaning it. Most of the blood washed out and she hung the kimono to dry before standing silent vigil over the dead bodies as the moon reached its highest point.