43. births of miracles!(II)

Mulai dari awal

Their bedroom had been turned into a nursery, with diapers, baby products and his numerous clothes, gifts and toys lying around. Although pretty much their baby did was sleep all the time

"Is it normal for him to sleep so much?" Arnav had once asked, feeling concerned

"Haan, for first 2-3 months. But wait till he starts changing his sleep cycle, after all you also did the same and along with Ratna we all had to awake all night to make you sleep." Nani told as she fondly remembered Arnav's childhood days

When it came to baby's name, everyone had agreed on one thing, no more names starting with 'A', they had enough with 3 people with same initials i.e. Arnav, Anjali and Akash! So next gen had to have different initials now! Piya was named so and now Arnav's son's name was also to be decided. There were a bunch of nicknames already for him, his mamma calling him chiku even before his birth, buaji i.e his bua-nani calling him laddu as he was gol-matol (chubby) baby, while rest either called him baby or baccha. Since they didn't want 'A', they zeroes in on 'k'.

And so started brainstorming. Kartik, Keyur, Kabir, Kapil, Kanha, Kinshuk and so on.

But Arnav who had secretly thought of a name if they had a girl, Kavya, thought of a male version of the name, Kavish; K for Khushi and A for Arnav! Anajli was officially going to declare the name as it's baby's bua's (paternal aunt's) role to officially name the baby, however like she did for Piya, she told them she will declare whichever name her Chote and khushiji decide.

On the morning of naming ceremony, Arnav was already ready and watched as Khushi almost finished getting ready. Wearing a simple bottle green colored saree with light jewelry and make up, she looked ethereal to him! Not to forget her post-pregnancy glow! He carefully kept his son in the crib and went to her, sliding his arms arounds her and resting his chin on her shoulder, and she smiled, blushing prettily after noticing admiration in his gaze

Meanwhile, as they were busy romancing, chiku was blabbering away "ummm--mmmm-mmm-nnmm" and swimming in air! {Actuality, in his baby language he was saying, "offo my mummy-papa don't leave any chance to romance!"} that probably got khushi's attention,

"Arnavji what are you doing? Chiku is here." Khushi finally tried to get out of his grip, while he was still nuzzling her neck

"Huh, I know and see he's happy to see us romancing. After all he owes his life to our romance right?" he said, widely grinning

"Shameless kahin ke!" she said, although she had automatically blushed remembering the time when they were trying to conceive!

Finally, they were called downstairs and amidst loud cheering and claps, Chiku was names Kavish Singh Raizada!!!

--*--

Chiku ke nakhre (tantrums)

Kavish was 6 months now and his antics kept everyone happy and entertained. His sleeping patterns had changed drastically over past 6 months and Arnav now regretted having ever said why his son slept all the time because all he wished that his son slept a good night's sleep and let him and Khushi sleep too! But suddenly 2 months ago, Chiku had started sleeping through the days and staying wide awake in night. He wouldn't cry much but he wouldn't sleep either. Khushi would feed him or they would change his diapers but he still wanted to not sleep and not let them sleep. They both had already had dark circles around their eyes.

At few nights, Arnav would take full charge of Kavish. He would then try to not wake Khushi much except when Kavish needed feeding. In all these tiring day-night schedule, Arnav realized one thing that he didn't like the sight of his son's lips curling downwards and him breaking in a cry. While seeing that toothless smile on his son's face was all he really needed to be happy!

Meanwhile, Chiku slept best when wrapped in Khushi's dupatta, like it was a blanket! And then during the days, Khushi didn't leave her son out of her sight much. Even when she went to bath, she would give 100s of instructions to Arnav or nani or her Amma, or whoever was watching Chiku then! No matter how much they tried telling her that Chiku was safe with them, she somehow felt scared what if her baby started crying?

Her only complaint was the food restrictions! Since she was breastfeeding him for first 6-8 months, there were tons of things she couldn't eat and at times she felt like crying eating the bland food. But then, whenever doctors complimented Chiku's health and growth, her sacrifice felt worth!

Chiku was growing up to be a complete mamma's boy though. At 8-months-old, his antics were ever increasing and it was becoming difficult to control him, except her. Their whole day went running behind him as he had recently started crawling and no matter how much babyproofing they had done to Shantivan, Chiku still managed to reach impossible places, like beneath the sofa or recliner, underneath the dining table and so on! 

--*--

First word

"mum-mum" Kavish uttered one day when Arnav and Khushi were just sitting in the hall with everyone, Chiku sitting in Khushi's lap. Arnav looked at Khushi and then back at Kavish

"He said his first word!" Arnav and Khushi looked overjoyed while others weren't so sure.

"Chote, that is not a word." Nani said, and Akash and Payal too agreed. Piya who now was 1.5 years old was running around.

"It is naniji, he said mamma." Khushi added confidently, smiling ear to ear, and then kissed Chiku's chubby cheeks!

"he said mum-mum khushi, doesn't that mean food?" Arnav frowned. 

"nuh-uh, he said mamma" and thus the debate went on if Kavish said mamma or mum or nothing! Meanwhile all Chiku did was look amusedly at these grownups because all did was utter some gibberish!

He did eventually say 'Maa' and then 'Papa', although Arnav had wanted him to call him Dad or Dada but Kavish found saying papa easier and Arnav let it be. All that mattered was the love he showered on his father when he said papa and Arnav felt like he won biggest deal!

 And just like that Chiku became center of Arnav-khushi's world for the next 2 and half years!!

--*--

A/N - I think I covered most milestones of Chiku's childhood. We'll have 2 similar yet different chapters for Twins' birth's flashbacks next and then I am taking a chotu sa break from CSD. So stay tuned next week.

p.s. the kind of brainstorming I do for names for my arshi stories, I can write a book of Indian baby names myself now :P