Prologue

(@Nathendrake392 helped with this. Follow him)
(Watch season 2 episode 18 of Star Wars rebels to understand this fight scene)
*(A long time ago, In a galaxy far far away)*

"Then you will die."

No! She saw it, he'd hesitated. That was enough to prove that Anakin hadn't completely fallen. He could still be saved!

Ashoka crosses her lightsabers, grunting under the weight of Vader— no, Anakin's attack. "Master," she pleads, "I know you, and this isn't it!" She dropps her guard, flipping to the side as Anakin's weight brings him forward.

"Foolish Padawan," Anakin chides, and despite herself, part of Ashoka cringes at disappointing her master, "Anakin Skywalker was weak, blinded by the Jedi's ways."

Ashoka duckes another slash, then backpedals as Anakin continues advancing. "He was kind," she retorts, "He did what he felt was right, to help others!" They lock sabers again.

With an almost casual flick, Anakin sends her stumbling to the side. "All I've done is for the greater good. The Emperor will bring peace to the galaxy."

Ashoka barely gets her sabers up in time to block the next blow, which knocks her on her back, lightsabers skidding just out of reach. She desperately grasps at the nearest handle. "Even if it means killing me?" she questioned, "If even a speck of the Anakin I know is left in you, you won't do it."

Anakin freezes, lightsaber held over his head. And despite everything, he remembered. He remembered everything, from her first day where she surprised him, to her last day when she left him. "You... are right." he says, red saber extinguishing as his arm returns to his side. Then his free hand shoots forward and Ashoka finds herself suspended off the floor.

"Anakin!" Ashoka yelps, futilely struggling against the Force as it lifts her higher into the air, "Master!"

With a final shove, he sent Ashoka flying out of the collapsing temple. "I'm sorry, Snips."

As she rights herself, Ashoka can do nothing but watch as the temple implodes in front of her.

Vader opens his eyes, seeing everything half clearly with his damaged mask. 'Is this death? It's so... green.' He gets up and looks around to study his new surroundings. 'What is this place? How did I get here?'

He stumbles through the underbrush for some time until he finds a break in the trees. He walks through the clearing and finds himself looking down on the all too familiar capital of Naboo. 'Theed. But, how is this possible?' Vader Begins to make his way to the city, however, his injuries and damaged armour have taken their toll on his body, and he collapses, his vision going dark.

When Vader wakes, the first thing he hears is, beeping. He sits up as he clears the last remnants of fatigue from his mind and raises a prosthetic hand to his mask to find it repaired and his vision tinted red once more. A medical droid notices that its patient is now awake and begins to go over to him. "I see you are now conscious. You must be very confused and I shall answer any questions to the best of my ability."

The now vigilant Sith Lord shakes his head, as if to clear it. "Where am I?"

"You are in the capital city of Theed on Naboo."

"How did I get here?"
"City guards found you unconscious outside the city gates. They took you here where your armour and life support systems were repaired by the royal medical and engineering staff."

Vader places a hand on his waist and comes to an enraging realization. "Where is my lightsaber?!" He lifts the droid into the air using the force and begins to slowly dent and compact it. "It was confiscated upon your retrieval. I am unable to reveal the whereabouts of weaponry in the castle due to security protocol 926-E." Vader promptly drops the droid and marches out of the infirmary. Reaching his consciousness through the Force he looks for the kyber crystal in his lightsaber. After determining the location of his weapon, Vader begins to storm through the castle, his imposing atmosphere and intimidating appearance striking fear into any that saw him.

BAM!! Vader storms into the throne room. "I believe you have something of mine!?"

All of the nobles appear concerned and affronted by the accusations. An old man speaks first. "We can't fathom what it is you mean. Now explain yourself! Why have you barged in here to throw around baseless accusations in the middle of a crisis?"

One of the handmaidens shifts uncomfortably, drawing Vader's attention. He simply raises an open hand and his lightsaber flies out of her robes and into his palm. He looks at the old noble. "Baseless you say?" He clips his weapon to his belt. The queen addresses him. "My apologies, but until we knew your allegiance we couldn't risk you being hostile."

"I see. Well I assure you, that I mean no harm to this planet or its people."

"We shall see about that. If I may ask, who exactly are you?"

It's at this point that Vader realises that he realizes that he has no idea how he got here and decides to conduct an experiment. "My name is Darth Vader." When there is no reaction from any of the delegates Vader realises that something is wrong so he asks a question that has been nagging him since he saw the handmaiden. "What crisis do you speak of?"

The nobles all share a knowing look before the queen speaks again. "The trade federation has set up an illegal blockade around Naboo."