✩23

starting from this chapter, get ready for a long ass ride because i will not be giving u guys a break 😍

Jungwon let out a relieved sigh after finally being able to sit down since the guests left. He checked the time, 11.32 PM. He'd been assisting his mother in cleaning before the guests arrived since he returned home. He could finally relax now that the guests had left. His mother took a seat next to him and switched on the television.

His thoughts then drifted to Damin. Was she okay? Has she eaten her dinner yet? He was so deep in his thoughts that he failed to listen to the news.

"Breaking news tonight: A dorm has recently caught on fire at I-LAND High. Reports are saying that somebody is still stuck in the dorm. Firefighters are trying their best to contain the raging blaze that engulfed the dorm as well as save the individual."

His mother nudged him, "Isn't your school's dorms?"

He finally looked at the TV. "Yeah..."

For some reason, he suddenly had a bad feeling. The dorm level looked close to where Damin stayed. Jungwon grabbed his phone to text her.

"I hope she's okay..." he whispered to himself, clicking on the contact number.

"We just got confirmation news that the fire started at level 4, dorm number 29 and a 17-year-old girl is still trapped inside. Our team is still working hard to locate the girl before it's too late."

Jungwon's words got stuck in his throat when he came to a realization. Level 4, dorm number 29. It was her dorm. Damin's dorm was on fire and she was trapped inside. He let out a curse and bolted towards the door.

He was beyond worried for her and hoped she was still okay. His hands felt clammy and his eyes filled with tears that were threatening to fall. He didn't want to lose her. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever. Unfortunately, the universe wasn't in his favor.

From his house to the dorm, it usually takes approximately 10 minutes, but he managed to reach there in 4 minutes. His lungs were burning and his legs felt like they were about to give out at any moment, yet all he could think of was Damin.

If anything happened to her, he would never forgive himself.

There were students who had just evacuated their dorms in front of the dorm building. He scanned the crowds for the short-haired girl, hoping that she had already been saved. When he didn't find her, he dashed towards the building, ignoring the yells of the firefighters.

By the time Jungwon reached the fourth level, he was beyond exhausted. As he walked closer to the dorm, he could feel the warmth radiating from the fire. He prayed desperately that she was still alive.

"Damin!" he yelled and waited for a few seconds for her reply. The entrance was blocked. There was no way to get inside.  With a trembling breath, he kicked open the door. Covering his nose, he made his way into the blazing dorm.

He cringed at how hot it was the instant he walked in. He needed to get her and get out of here before this place exploded or he was killed. As he dashed to her bedroom, beads of sweat emerged on his brow. Outside the window, he could hear the firefighters' yells as they attempted to put out the raging fire.

Jungwon kicked the door open and ran inside. He almost cried out of happiness when he spotted the short-haired girl on her bed. Now all he had to do was pray she didn't pass out from smoke inhalation or worse, die. He then shook her a few times to wake her up.

"Jungwon?" she mumbled. Seeing Jungwon here was not something she expected. She took a deep breath but started coughing.

"Oh thank God," he sighed in relief. "Come on, we gotta go."

A creak from her closet was heard as it tilted towards Jungwon. She gave the closet a glance, it was slammed against the wall, broken, and burning bits of wood flew toward them both.

She caught one right before it was about to hit Jungwon. Damin expected her palm to burn as soon as it touched the wood, but she was surprised when she didn't feel anything. Jungwon gulped and widened his eyes. She had a blazing piece of wood in her hand. And there appeared to be no response from her at all.

"Let's go!"

Jungwon intertwined their fingers and held on tightly, scared of losing her as they both ran to the door. They were greeted with a wave of cool air that hit them when they stepped out of the dorm, dropping down to the ground.

"How did you sleep while your dorm was on literal fire?!" Jungwon questioned, still trying to catch his breath.

"I don't know, I really only realized when you woke me up!"

It was true. She was sleeping soundly until Jungwon woke her up. What's weirder was that she didn't feel the heat when she was inside. She could see that Jungwon was sweating bullets because of the heat but she was barely even sweating.

"Your hand..." he pointed out.

Damin looked at it and realized that there was a flame on one of her fingers. She tilted her head in confusion, bringing her hand closer to her face. It wasn't burning her hand. She touched the flame using her other hand and didn't feel anything. She blew it out and turned to Jungwon, who stared at her in amazement.

"I think you found your other peculiarity," said a voice behind them.

no bcs i love playing with yalls feelings 👹

this is just the beginning