1

-1803-

I make my way through the Ton after taking a stroll on such a nice day, but I couldn't help notice a lot of people whispering among themselves. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to listen in, which led me to find out something that I'd never expected.

"Poor Violet Bridgerton, can't imagine being pregnant through something this traumatic," one of the ladies whispered as the other nodded her head to whisper, "What about Anthony? Having to become the new Viscount when mere is such a young man."

No. Why are they talking about the Bridgertons like that?

I make haste hurriedly home to then head up to the drawing-room to see my mama with such a solemn look upon her face and my papa by the window.

"It's true, isn't it? Viscount Bridgerton has fallen to an unknown passing?" I asked as Papa looks towards me.

"It was merely a bee sting that killed Edmund, caused him to stop breathing," Papa responds as Mama sobbed out.

"Mama please, calm down. We don't want to cause a fuss with your health," I said as I took a seat next to her and put my hand on her baby bump that is keeping my little sibling safe.

After I helped Mama take a few deep breaths until calmness has be veiled across the atmosphere of the room, she sighed and said, "I can't fathom what they're all going through, especially Violet and Anthony. Speaking of which, have you spoken to him lately?"

I nod my head and said, "I passed by him in the Square, he was so excited and wouldn't stop talking about the hunt he and his father were to go on."

"So young that boy, can't imagine the pressure he is going through and having the heavyweight of the responsibilities hovering over his shoulder. If you see him around anytime after today, tell him that your papa & I are so sorry for the loss and we'll be praying," Mama says as she holds my hand and I nod.

"I might go to the service, in yours & Papa's place of course, but also to express my support," I said as they both nod their heads in agreement.

"There's also another thing, after the service, we're to leave London," Papa responds as he looks over to Mama for her to continue the discussion.

"Your papa found a business elsewhere and it'll lead to more opportunities for all of us, especially you & little one," Mama says as I looked at her in solemn.

So right after I support my dearest childhood friend and his family, I'm to leave my old life behind and start anew.

My eyes start brimming with tears as I choke out, "So I'm supposed to leave everything behind as if they don't exist?"

"Oh sweetie, no, no, not at all. This is only for a certain period of time, it may be forever or it may not. We're just testing it out to its advantages to be able to support ourselves and others as well as we can," Mama responds as she pulls me into her chest and kisses the top of my head.

Little did I know, that advantage would last 10 years, exactly the year his little sister, Daphne, would enter the society.

-1813-

"Is this where you would've gone if Mama was to find you a suitor?" My little brother, Charlie, asks as he cuddles into my side as I hold him so that I wouldn't lose sight of him.

"Do you think it's too late for me to enter? Think I would look fabulous for the lords to feast on," My little sister says as she walks alongside me.

"First off all, Isa, you're 10, and second, you still have much to learn before you can even be a candidate to be a Lord's wife or maybe even a Baron," I said as we stop near the entrance, waiting to enter the palace.