011. FIRST DAY OF HELL

CHAPTER ELEVEN
first day of hell

Time always went by really quickly when you were actually having fun or at least enjoying your life

Two months after telling each other about their feelings, nothing about either of them had changed. Everything was the exact same except their infatuation with each other had gotten bigger and bigger with each passing day and neither one of them had the balls to ask if the other would want to be officially theirs.

Dwaynes mind went wild every time and Winnie always made fun of how flustered he got when they did so much as brushed fingers.

Now it was time for school to be starting back up again. Absolutely no one was looking forward to it except for the parents who didnt want to worry about their kids more than they had to.

The first and last days of school were always Dwayne and Winnies worst enemy. It seemed like something always went wrong on those days.

So you could imagine their feelings when they were dropped off at the front doors of the school.  Their hands were clasped together and their mouths shut completely.

"We could skip," Winnie offered. "I don't mind walking all the way to Australia."

"Your mom will pick us up though," he sighed. "Plus, isn't there a big ocean on the way there?"

"Yeah but we'll just walk over it," she smiled. "We can be back before lunch."

"And if we arent?"

"Then so be it!"

( )

"There's a starman! Waiting in the sky! He'd like to come and greet us but he thinks he'll blow our minds!" Winnie sang incredibly off key as loud as she could as she swung their interlocked hands back and forth dramatically.

"Are those even the right lyrics?" he laughed as he watched her do a little dance.

"Who cares loverboy," she laughed. "Dance with me."

He wasted no time in spinning her out and then into his arms before dipping her and pressing a kiss to her cheek. She let out a small 'oh' when he pulled away and her cheeks got red and her stomach felt fluttery.

"Pulling out the big boy moves I see?" she teased, pushing back his hair with her free hand in hopes it'll make the weird feeling go away.

"Ill drop you," he playfully threatened.

"Drop me then," she shrugged.

And so he did.

She landed on her butt and immediately let out a loud 'ow!' as he bent over in laughter. She kicked him behind the knees and tried to sweep his legs but failed. It was his poor balance that made him fall next to her.