[7] Mission

My chest feels heavy as I keep my eyes locked on the view in front of me. I press my body up against the glass elevator window. The elevator moves slowly, taking me to my destination. My mind is running a thousand miles per minute ever since my dad told me about the mission SHIELD is planning to send Natasha on. Of course I objected to the idea, the thought of sending her on a mission for three months pregnant didn't settle very will with me. They need somebody who is really good at hacking computers and highly trained in martial arts.

So I volunteered to take her place not giving my father the chance to tell me no. Natasha's is so going to hate me but as long as her and he baby are keep safe she can hate me all she wants. The door to the elevator dings open, I step out letting the next couple of people step in. I head towards Sarah's office trying to gain courage to tell her of my plan. I step up to her door knocking gently before peeking my head in.

I see Sarah a smile appearing on her face as soon as she notices me. i come in closing the door gently behind me. Sarah stands up her face expression telling me she's quite confused. She wearing a nice dress shirt with black pants and some black flats.

"Hyde, what's wrong?" She ask walking towards me.

"I um... have to talk to you about something important." I pause, "I'm leaving on a mission.

"What? Why?" Sarah challenges, "So your just going to leave Natasha for god knows how long."

"It's for three months and I took it because the mission was made for Natasha." I answer, glancing at Sarah. "I had no other choice. So please don't be mad at me."

Sarah glares at me in disbelief and I can't really blame her. She has every right to be irritated at me.

"Where is it?" Her tone is cold and bitter.

"Paris." I reply biting my lower lip.

"Does Natasha know?" I look down at the ground.

I move my eyes back up to her. I shake my head "no". Sarah just rolls her eyes.

"I'm going to tell her right now. Would you like to come?" Sarah rolls her eyes again.

"You really have no idea about girls. You need to have a plan Hyde. And bringing me doesn't count." Sarah claims her hands going straight on her hips.

"Why is that bad?" I question dumbly.

Sarah let's out a huge sigh before walking towards me and pulling us out of her office. We make our way down the hall and towards one of the elevators.

"You're going to make Natasha a nice dinner, have some flowers, very expensive wine, maybe even music." Sarah explains to me, "the food needs to be the best damn thing she's ever put in her mouth."

I snicker at the last part. "That's not the only best damn thing she'll be putting in her mouth tonight."

"Hyde!" Sarah squeals playfully slapping me, "Too much information. I have no interest in your sex life, nor will I ever."

"Hey, I could be talking about dessert." I innocently reply.

"Hyde I know how you think and it had nothing to do with dessert." She mutters tilting her head to the side.

"You had it coming." I wink pulling her into a side huge.

"You're so gross."

"Oh come on."I buzz, "Don't act like you haven't."

"Ew never, that's disgusting." Sarah wails causing everybody to glance at us.

The elevator door dings open and I allow Sarah to walk in first. I push the lobby button. After thirty of less seconds the door to the elevator opens freeing us to the crowds of people making their way in and out of SHIELD.