Chapter 27

A night when the darkness fell.

Dillian sighed, annoyed by the persistent gaze from outside of the window.

“Shouting to say look at me must be less straightforward than this.”

They want me to greet them, so I’ll have to do it.

Dillian, who opened the backdoor roughly, called for the ones hidden in the darkness.

“Come out.”

At Dillian’s call, who sank low, a pair of men and women walked out of the darkness.

As they looked familiar, Dillian lifted his eyebrow.

‘They’re the ones I saw during the day.’

The one is a knight, and the other one is a mage?

Dillian nerves went back to the man.

Sword on his waist, firm body, perfect posture, and energy flowing from the man.

It’s not ordinary.

‘It’s such a hustle.’

Dillian peeked down at the crowbar in his hand as he saw a sword hanging in the man’s waist.

A crowbar is not a bad weapon. It’s an excellent approach weapon that can make a pretty hole in the body as well as bone once wielded.

But he just didn’t want to swing it in an uncool way.

‘That sword looks good. It’d be perfect if I took it from him.’

The sword picked up during the last attack, after the Runaway, there was nothing that can be called a weapon because I ate it all.

‘Should I hit his head first?’

No one thought he was not a villain, he was even thinking of robbing a weapon in a very sweet way.

As he approached the opponent with the intention to carving up him beautifully, at that time,

“Eldman Katlan. I see Your Grace.”

“Kanae Hill. I see Your Grace.”

The eyes of the two pairs looking up at Dillian were full of trust.

“Your face is really damage… No, I’m glad you look healthy.”

“Yes, you look happy…”

Dillian’s loyal knight, Eldman, could not say that his face was damaged.

Dillian’s loyal mage, Kanae, agreed with that.

The shiny face was obviously a face that ate well, slept well, and had enough rest.

‘He looked better than when he’s in the Duchy…’

As expected, His Grace’s stress was all because of the elder!

Eldman, a loyal knight, has completed his self-rationalization.

Eldman, who was slowly thinking that Dillian’s face looks good, soon his face distorted.

“It’s because we are lacking. It’s not like we didn’t expect to be attacked, attacked so easily… It’s all our fault. We will take whatever punishment you want.”

Eldman bowed down at his mistake.

He bowed so deeply so that he could hit his head on the floor immediately.

‘The problem was we let our guard down just because we came here to search for a flower.’

On this cold day, the reason we came to Wilhelm, the northernmost part, was because of a flower called the dragon’s heart.

A heart-like red flower that blooms only in the middle of winter. The dragon’s heart.

It was a legendary flower that healed any disease as if the disease had been washed away.

And it was reported that the flower was recently found in Wilhelm.

Upon hearing this news, the Crown Prince told Dillian this is a duty as a token of loyalty.

It was ridiculous, but Dillian, who was tired of the Crown Prince trying to keep him in check in every case, came to find the flower by setting up his own minority elite.

“We have about fifteen days left, so it will be perfect if we go back now.”

“Your Grace, I have placed the flower in a safe place under conservation magic. No need to be worried.”

Kanae, who recalled that time, hit her forehead on the ground.

Nastiness that doesn’t give time to enjoy the happiness of finding the flower, fighting in a despicable battle while outnumbered, and scattered colleagues.

And not the herb but Dillian, that the assassins aimed.

Dillian got serious injuries because of that sudden attack.

‘This is my fault.’

I should have made a stronger barrier.

Kanae urgently used teleportation magic to protect Dillian.

The target point is the inn where they stayed.

First of all, the injured Dillian had to be sent to a safe place first.

And apparently, it was confirmed that he was moved by the magic.

But when she arrived at the inn after the tough battle, Dillian was not there.

No trace of him could be found anywhere in the inn.

To make matters worse, they were stranded by the heavy snow that began to pour.

When the snow stopped and they managed to move, the two, who were relatively less injured, wandered around the village and asked about Dillian.

But there was a problem, they couldn’t go around openly because of the hostile forces that started looking for Dillian at the same time.

That’s how fifteen days have passed. Times that took to find him.

No less, fifteen days.

Eldman closed his eyes tightly.

Even if his master told him to cut his neck here, he had no choice but to follow.

However, even after a long time, he couldn’t hear anything above his head.

Shouldn’t it’s time for words to come out whether it’s scolding or to be told to raise head…

Feeling strange, Eldman raised his head and carefully called Dillian.

“Your Grace?”

Contrary to Eldman’s worries, Dillian was collecting information from his babbling words.

One, he is a nobleman.

This is information from the assassin last time, so move on.

Two, he is the head of a household. Based on the title, he is sure he is a Duke.

Three, there is someone who is after him.

That means he should not be caught losing his memories.

This is a weakness. I can’t believe it even if they tell me they’re my subordinates.

‘But I need to gain the information.’

There are three Dukes in the Rohaim Empire.

Which side is it?

“Eldman.”

“Yes, Your Grace.”

“Who am I? Say it yourself.”

“Our forever Lord and the only master of Sinaize.”