⛧⛧⛧PROLOGUE⛧⛧⛧

"The boarding school will help them, Christine, trust me. They may be smart, but they could be so much more." Doctor Steven Strange says to his wife; Doctor Christine Palmer-Strange. "This School is specifically for girls like them."

"I want to see our daughters every day, Steven," Christine answered with a pained voice, she still wasn't sure she wanted to go through with this. "That's sending them away and not seeing them for a year at a time, or longer if they choose to stay over summer. We're losing precious time going through with this Steven."

"I know, and I understand that but think of their future for a minute Christine, if we go through with this, they could be working with us at the hospital, being at the top with us, taking over for us when we retire," Steven held Christine's shoulders and waved one hand in front of her face as he said it, helping her visualize. "Maybe not doctors, maybe scientists, or they could even go to Harvard. My point is that this will help them a lot more than any regular school, this will help them become successful and great. All we're doing is sacrificing time."

"But would it be worth it? Losing years of their Childhood? Imagine what that would do to them. Having to grow up practically without their parents." Christine says with a tone full of sadness. She did not in any way want to send her only children away.

"I know, I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it was the best option," Stephen said, matching the tone of his wife. He didn't want to send them away, but he strongly believed it would only benefit them.

Christine sighed. "Fine Stephen, but I swear if this goes sideways it's all on you," She warned, pointing a finger to his chest with a scared expression.

Steven smiled and kissed Christine, he nodded to her and then followed her upstairs only to hear little footsteps running away. Confirming his suspicions that they had been listened to.

⛧⛧⛧

"Call me every single day, at least 20 times you hear me?" Christine grabs her daughters into a hug, strangling them. The Family stands outside on the streets of New York saying their goodbyes to each other.

"We like to breathe, mom!" one daughter said breathlessly, as they tried to wiggle out of her bone-crushing embrace.

Christine scoffed playfully but loosened her hold and smiled, a motherly smile, at her only daughters, her only children, who she was about to send off. "I love you both so much, you know that?"

"How can we forget mom?" The other twin answered this time with almost some sass clung to her tone. She wasn't too happy with their desire to send them away. Neither of them were.

"And take care of your sister," Christine raised her brow to her eldest daughter, who nodded, not trusting herself to say anything this time. She looked at her sister, who seemed to be scanning her surroundings.

"Where's da-" Before the twin staring off could finish, Steven walked out of their apartment building. "-Took you long enough," the twin huffed, finishing her sentence that had been cut off due to his entrance.

Steven smiled at his daughter, and the twins strangled him in a big hug. "I love you too" He chuckled slightly, having second thoughts as he looked at his daughter's familiar faces, remembering flashes of heart-warming memories, when he first held them, when he helped patch them up when learning to ride their bikes, reading books at night, switching off with Christine every other night, the little things he would never let go of, and never wanted to.

Christine joined the hug, making it a family hug, tears trickling down her face as she held tight to her family, just about to let go of half of it. Steven checked his watch a moment later, sighing‌. "It's time to leave"

More tears spilled down Christine's cheeks as she let go of all of them. "Come on girls, let's get in the car," The girls walked slowly, disappointed. They had thought they could change their parent's minds, but no, they were still sending the twins off.

They couldn't help but feel hurt as they started to drive away. After all, their parents were sending them off at only the age of 11.

The car ride wasn't long, it was only around a 45 minutes drive. But for 11-year-old girls, it was a long time. Their new boarding school was in Brooklyn.

When they arrived the twins tried to straddle their parent's legs, so they couldn't walk them into the school, but they still somehow managed to get inside anyway. The twins tried to claw at their parent's arms, but they just shrugged them off and filled out the appropriate paperwork, with pained expressions settled on their faces, then waited for the principal of the school to take the twins to their dorms for the rest of their school lives, or more.

"Mr. and Mrs. Strange?" The principal asked them as they wandered into the school, the twins holding onto their parent's legs still. Both Christine and Stephen pried the twins off and were now holding their hands to keep them in place.

"Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you," Steven answers, shaking the principal's hand with his free hand. She was a tall woman with black hair pulled into a tight bun, she wore a pencil skirt. To the twins, she was all kinds of scary.

"And these must be your beautiful daughters?" The principal exchanged her glance with the twins. Giving the twins a big smile, but the twins just hide further behind their parents, she looked like a villain from a comic with that smile.

"Yes," Christine and Steven pull them forward, and the girls hold each other's hands.

"I'm Miss Pandora. I am the principal at Brooklyn's School of Intelligence for Young Girls. I will give you a tour of the school then we will end up at your dorm" Ms. Pandora smiled, a touch of coldness on her lips, the girls tried their hardest not to flinch away in fear. The girls stayed silent and still. Eyeing the tall woman up and down before sharing a glance.

They didn't trust her.

"This is Evelyn," Christine introduced the taller, green-eyed twin who was on the right side of Christine, "And this is Harper." She said motioning to the shorter, green-eyed twin who was on the right side of Steven.

"My, how can you tell them apart?" Miss Pandora laughed, trying to lighten the situation, placing another big smile on her face. The Twins continued to stare at her, not knowing what else to do in their frightened state.

Christine smiled, no longer the motherly smile she had on earlier. "I'm sure you've read our rules and things, so I will let you say goodbye, then we can make the girls right at home," Miss. Pandora smiled her slightly cold smile. "I'll be outside when you're ready."

Christine tensed at her words. Steven turned to his wife and daughters and kneeled to the height of the girls. "We both love you, remember that" He hugged both of the girls who were growing more angry, finally realizing now that their parents would not back down, they didn't hug back. That little feeling of hurt was turning to one of rage.

"I'll miss you, see you soon," Stephen whispered before letting go, but they only stared at them, not bothering to cover their expressions. Christine wanted to say something before Miss Pandora came into the room.

Tears came slowly down Christine's face once again, hugging each of the girls passionately and then letting go quickly, so she didn't have difficulty letting go later. Steven held his wife close. The twins swore they saw little glistening tears on their father's face, as Ms. Pandora took their wrists and led them away, their yells and sobs slowly dying out as they were dragged away. Away from their parents, away from the people who had just ripped their childhood from them.