Chapter 2- Another world

Start from the beginning

One of those simple moments where I am glad I am alive.

I am alive.

"Aleandra. Stop staring at this building like you are five seconds away from jumping it."

I turn my head to the side and glare at Emmabell.

"Fuck off. It's not my problem that you can't see the beauty of such an architectural masterpiece, you cultural philistine."

"Excuse me? I am a cultural philistine. You get bored after ten minutes of standing in a museum. I am the one who has to drag you there."

"That's not true. I like museums but I am sorry that I don't want to visit the same art over and over again."

She just rolls her eyes and then hooks her arm into mine.

"Here you are, darling. I almost thought you wouldn't show up." I suddenly hear a deep voice with a British accent behind me and I immediately spin around.

My breath is caught in my throat as I look at the beautiful man in front of me. He is wearing an expensive dark blue suit that looks like it's only made for him and, only him. His dark brown eyes couldn't have a more fascinating shade and until this moment I thought that blonde men wouldn't be my type but I can confirm that anyone, no matter their sexuality would name him as one of the most beautiful men on this planet.

His handsome face with a sharp jawline and defined cheekbones are meant for the cover of a magazine.

An incredibly expensive and exclusive magazine.

"Stop with the darling bullshit, Harvey," Emmabell replies, rolling her eyes with a slight grin on her face.

"You look exquisite tonight," He teases her as he takes her hand and presses a soft kiss to the back of it. He rubs his thumb over the spot and lets go of it before turning his gaze to me.

"And you must be the infamous Aleandra Raven. I am Harvey Nicholas Remington." He flashes me a smirk as he also carefully takes my hand, doing the same gesture he had done before on my best friend.

"Remington? Like the brand?" I ask, playing dumb because I can't tell him that Aleandra already told me everything about him.

And I also don't want to make him believe I am gonna jump on him because of his money. I am gonna be honest, it seems crazy to me to meet someone with as much influence and money as him but I don't want him to feel like it's his only trait.

"Yes, exactly like the brand. It's my mother's."

"Wow, your mother is a very significant and impressive woman and you are calling me infamous?" I ask jokingly with a teasing tone as I raise my eyebrow.

Couldn't be more the truth.

His mother is a fucking legend. From having nothing she went to having everything without letting a man get in her way, proving them all wrong.

"Yes my mother is an admirable woman and I couldn't be more proud but Emmabell can't stop talking about you... only good things of course but she forgot to mention how beautiful you are." He says flirtingly.

"Yeah, she is beautiful but to your information... she is mine and you won't fucking touch her. Ever. She is way too precious for you." She replies, glaring at him playfully.

"Yes, ma'am. Of course. You know the only one I truly want is you."

"Well, you won't get me. I wouldn't want to catch an STD."

"Challenge accepted and don't worry. I know how to use a condom. I have years of experience."

"Oh, shut up."