"Thank you. And I'm sorry I kept half of me a secret. But I have a question," I begin.

"Okay?"

"Did you all know that Edward knew all along?" I asked. Their faces went pale, I guess they didn't.

"What?" Rose asked.

"He's known since the first day I arrived. When I left and said I needed a minute, I went into the woods and shifted. He tailed me, and forced me to change back," I paused, watching Rose's face grow with anger. "Please don't blame him, I forced him to keep quiet. He wanted me to tell you all when you first started getting suspicious of me but I was scared."

"Why?" Seth asks.

"That you would hand me over to the Volturi."

"Never," Esme says.

"We should," Paul steps in. He glares right at me, and I couldn't tell if I was angry or not surprised.

"Paul." Sam's deep voice chastised him.

"You vampires can't keep bending the rules. The only reason we're here to begin with is to stop the Volturi from slaughtering all of you and Renesmee. Do we really need this creature here?"

"Do not call me 'creature' you hotheaded dog, my name is Hope." I reply angrily.
He growled, me reciprocating the act. My eyes turned red with tiny swirls of gold. That's how my hybrid eyes looked, gold for wolf, red for vampire.
Paul's eyes widened and he backed down. Therefore, I allowed my eyes to turn back to the regular hazel color they are.

"Hope, calm down. Don't listen to him," Rose replies. "That's just normal mutt behavior." When she saw the blank look on my face, she added, "Sorry, I meant for Paul."
It would take a while for them to get used to the fact that I'm also a wolf, and names like 'mutt' and 'dog' offend me. Sure, I'll call other wolves that when I'm angry, but when someone else does it and refers to all wolves, it does hurt.

Edward and Bella walked back in, and Edward stopped next to me.
"What'd we miss?"

"Oh just Paul starting shit and Hope shutting him down. Love the eyes by the way," Emmett smirks. I laughed, Emmett is the jokester. Especially when it comes to strength or sarcasm, it amuses him greatly.
My thoughts went to Jasper and Alice. I wish I had the chance to talk to him. We left things on a horrible note and I wanted to fix them, but now, I don't even know if I'll see either of them again. I had no idea what they were doing or where they were going.

"That's become a normal thing by now," Edward laughed then turned to Bella. "You missed the best interaction between Hope and Paul when you were gone."

"They're... amusing." She said uneasily.

"Whatever," Paul said and stormed off. His friends laughed.

"He never retreats," Quil teases.

"WUSS!!" Embry called after him.

"Kiss my ass Embry!" Paul called back.

"No thanks," Jacob mutters.
They're hilarious.
I yawned, and told everyone goodnight. Before I left though, Edward said he had something to show me. He took me upstairs, and we went into his room where a large bed stayed.

"You don't sleep Edward," I say.

"I don't, it's for you. No more crappy motels," he smiled. My heart thumped in my chest rapidly, and he chuckled hearing it. "Goodnight Hope."
He left me, and I sighed. He's sweet, but was I really ready to move past mine and Xavier's old relationship? Yes it was years ago, but since his death I haven't been with anyone else. I had a few flings, but none of them ever lasted and certainly didn't get serious. I wasn't sure if I could open my heart like that again. But maybe it would be different with Edward, he's my mate, we were supposedly meant to be together. So how bad could it really be?

*******

Today we started moving. The snow was starting to stick, meaning we had three days. The Volturi were coming all the way from Italy, to Washington. We had found a large enough clearing to host a fight if it came down to that. But it was at least a day and a half away which would take us two full days. And the clearing was far enough away from the town so locals wouldn't know a thing.
We walked for hours, taking our time instead of running. We needed to save strength and running would only tire us wolves out. I grew nervous, I'd never met the Volturi before, but I do know they have many vampires on their side.

"So you're from France, huh?" Henri, the French coven's leader, asked me.

"Yes," I replied.

"You should join our coven, we'd be happy to have you."
Henri has dark skin, he's African, and has buzzed black hair and amber eyes. And then there's Henri's mate, Yvette. She has pale light skin, curly dark brown hair, and those same amber colored eyes.

The French coven isn't this small, there are many vampires in France, but these two are more acquainted with the Cullens. And they're the leaders.
However, I wasn't sure if I would accept their offer.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," Yvette smiled warmly. "We take a liking to you, Hope."

"What about my hybrid situation?"

"You're still a vampire, shapeshifter or not, you're welcome."
No coven has ever welcomed be like Yvette and Henri, or the Cullens. Believe me, I'd tried to talk to covens and packs alike, but ended up just being an outcast. And because of my situation, I was hardly ever in France. Having a coven to be a part of, made me feel warm. But I wasn't sure if being a part of a coven would make me feel whole.

"I don't know, it's weird. Since I was turned all I'd ever wanted was to be a part of a coven or a pack. But now that I'm one hundred fifty-eight, and I'm old, I have a bit of a different outlook. Don't get me wrong, I'm so appreciative that you are so welcoming towards me, really I am. But," I pause.

"But?" Yvette asks with a smile.

"But I don't think being just a part of a coven is it for me. That would put me in the vampire category," I didn't really understand what I was saying, but they did.

"You feel like you should be considered both a wolf and a vampire, not just one or the other. We get that, because, Hope, a vampire and a wolf are both a part of you. You should be recognized not as a vampire, not as a shapeshifter, but the hybrid that you are." Henri says.

"I'm lost." I say quietly. They were both older than me, establishing the coven way before I was even born.

"Oh Hope, you're not lost," Henri replies.

"You're right where you need to be," Yvette waves her arm, referring to the Cullens and packs that are around us. We had stopped for a break and everyone was having small talk. "I didn't notice it before, but you don't belong in the French coven. You belong with both the Cullens, and the Quileute shapeshifters. Because you're a wolf too."
My conversation with Yvette and Henri, opened my eyes to what I've been missing. I've grown close to the Cullens and the packs, despite our separation since learning I'm a hybrid. I did belong here, with the Cullens, with Seth, with Edward.

We exchanged one last smile, and then I walked over to Edward. He was talking to Carlisle while everyone gathered to sit around the fire and Garrett began telling stories of his human life, and Bella was in the tent with Renesmee.
"Excuse me, may I borrow you for a moment?"

"Of course," Edward responds. Carlisle smiles, and goes to join Esme and their family, leaving Edward and I alone.
"What is-"
He couldn't finish his question before I kissed him. He stood stunned for a moment before kissing me back. His hands held my waist, and my arms wrapped around his neck. I finally came to terms with our destiny. We were mates, and if I didn't express my growing love for him now, before our confrontation with the Volturi, I could lose that chance. For now, I had him, right here, right now.

And I wasn't going to ignore that any longer.

Aww, cute.
It's already Friday, I will be uploading another chapter today, and then two chapters both Saturday and Sunday before I return to school. From then I will be going back to updating every weekend again, and on any off days I have which I doubt will be many. But there's only the rest of March, and then two months before I'm out for summer 😁
Hope you enjoyed reading loves.