IV - You're beautiful

After an hour of doing Alberu's paperwork Cale feels sore in his back and hand, He look at the quarter dark elf beside him.

He whispered, "Hyung. " but there is no reply, only the sound of a relaxed breathing of the sleeping prince can be heard. Once Cale is sure that Alberu is sleeping, he continued to speak

" I wanted to see you like this forever if I could, looking at the peacefull face you make while sleeping, beside me. I wish... "

Cough cough

" I wish time would stop for a while"
Cale continued while looking at the bloodied hand from the cough earlier. He could see a golden brown petals soaked in blood.

'It hurts, it hurts so bad. '

Cale smiled faintly trying to hold off the pain, "looks like I won't be able to see you shine in front the crowd with your disguise taken off."

The hand that's been caressing the bronze soft cheek lifted, He then touch the pointy ears of Alberu gently, and tucking his brown hair behind his ears. Cale now could see the sleeping prince's face more clearly. Cale leaned forward, close enough that he could count the long dark brown lashes, he whispered gently

"Alberu... you're beautiful"

Cale then stand up and leave the room, he needed to leave the room as soon as possible, he needs to breathe fresh air. He is getting emotional, which is so unlike Cale.

After Cale got out of the room, on the long halls, he went to the biggest window in the corner of the empty hall. His body leaned forward, head poking out of the giant window so He could feel the cold breeze tickling his skin. He closed his eyes.

"Haaa.. did I just wished for something?" Cale muttered under his breath.

He remember, he once said to Choi Han that he doesn't make a wish, it makes it easier if he doesn't have any expectations. But a few minutes ago he just wished for something. Alberu is changing Cale slowly, the person who hates pain now even welcomes pain, so he doesn't get that surprised by this sudden change.

'Haa... it keeps coming out' Cale holding his face using his sleeve to wipe away the blood coming out of his nose and mouth. He's been bleeding for a few minutes so he is slowly getting used of the pain. Meanwhile he could feel another tightness in his chest squeezing the air which makes Cale hard to breathe.

' I need to cool down and return'

'Hmm.. now that I think about it, I could see the petals color'
Cale stopped wipping his blood, he lifted his and and looked at his palm full of blood, his sleeve is also covered in blood. And there was a few golden brown flower petals lying there.
Before, the color of the flower petal was blurry white and it's size is tiny, making it hard to see it's color because it's covered in red blood. But now he could clearly see the golden brown petals with it's size increases. Cale looked at the petal silently, that color reminds him of Alberu's hair color, but darker. He continued to stare at it

Tap.. tap..

"Young master Cale!"
Cale then flinched after hearing the footsteps getting closer to him and hears someone calling for him. He immediately put the petals in his pocket and hides his bloodied sleeve behind him.

"Tasha"
"Are you here for his highness?" , asked Tasha
Cale stay silent not answering her question, he stares at the person in front of him stoically. Tasha smiled and approached Cale closer, she then leaned forward on the window beside Cale and closes her eyes while feeling the cold breeze hitting her skin.

"The weather is nice, right Young master Cale?"
Tasha opened his eyes, he looked at cale

"Young master Cale, thank you"
"For what?" , Cale furrowed his brows, confused by the sudden gratitude. He could see Tasha looking back outside the window, they could see the Roan kingdom capital and the crown prince's palace.

"Since you came along, Alberu now seems free.. before it's like he is being chained down, he pushed himself hard, insecure about his identity, wary of everyone, and always stay in alert. But now.. he seems more like a person"

Tasha then tilted his head to look Cale straight in the eyes with the look of gratitude

"Thank you for making Alberu more alive"

Tasha moved a few steps backwards he then bowed towards Cale respectfully
"I hope that you could continue to stay by his highness side, then i will take my leave"

Tasha leaves, leaving Cale standing frozen in daze, his hair fluttering from the wind coming in the window. Cale just stay still, he could feel a hot tingling sensation running through his cheek.

"But... I don't have time left"
Cale mutter in a very soft voice filled with bitterness and pain.

Drip..
The hot tingling sensation ran through his cheek then fell to his palm that was holding the window railing. It was tears. Cale is not feeling sad and doesn't want to cry. but he can't stop his tears coming out of his eyes. Actually he feels ridiculous, the person that makes Alberu more alive is now dying because of him, how ironic. But he doesn't blame Alberu, this is entirely because of him, he couldn't stop this feeling from growing. Cale closes his eyes and took a deep breath

Even when I'm running out of time
i will keep staying by your side with the remaining time I have

When Cale returns to Alberu's bedroom he could see Alberu sitting stiffly in the bed.

"You're awake"
Alberu turn his head toward Cale, his ears are red, forehead sweating and his cheeks is blushing red like a person getting overheat from the sun.
'Looks like the room temperature is hot, it's in the middle of the day after all' Cale thinks.

"I have finished 2/3 of the paperwork so you should have a good night sleep later. Make sure you rest properly".

Cale could see Alberu is opening and closing his mouth while staring at Cale blankly. He seems to not know what to say. But Cale found this newly awakened prince in front of him to be oddly cute.

"Then I will leave for now your highness, I will visit again tomorrow". Cale then left the red prince in daze alone to return to the supper rock villa. Cale is exhausted from today, he needs to rest.

'I'm going to wake up late tomorrow'