18

Mei had become very impressed with her husband over the past month. She was now almost 7 months pregnant, and Naruto had insisted that she stay off her feet at much as possible. She still had her Mizukage duties, but Naruto made sure that was all she did. He cooked for her, cleaned for her, gave her a foot rub when her feet swelled up, anything she wanted or needed he did. Anytime he wasn't busy helping her or doing missions, he was training. Over the past 2 months Naruto had been learning how to use the fire chakra he got from Kurama, and how to combine it with his wind actually was having very good results, although his wind style was much stronger, he was about a chunin level fire user. He still trained with Kubikiribōchō and was getting to be an exceptional swordsman. The day Mei hit 7 months pregnant was also the day Naruto was scheduled to head to the Leaf with Rituji, though he didn't know why she was going.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay," Naruto asked nervously.

Mei laughed at her husband and shook her head, "of course sweetie, you've got nothing to worry about."

Naruto sighed, "Don't be on your feet to much okay?"

Mei kept giggly at her husband's antics, "would you just go already, Rituji's waiting by the gate."

Naruto sighed again and headed off to meet Rituji, still a little nervous about leaving his wife alone for too long. He found Rituji waiting patiently by the gate, a worried look on her face, "Naruto-kun, how are you, reading to head out to the Leaf?" she asked halfhearted.

Naruto was confused at the usually happy and bubbly Rituji's attitude, "Ok, what's wrong? You never act like this, do you not want to go to the Leaf or something?"

Rituji frowned, "they didn't tell you? I'm to be married to the Aburame clan hair Shino. I am the last of my clan, and don't have a bloodline either. The treaty stated that we need to send the Leaf one of our ninja's in around 3 years time. That would be me. I know you and lady Mei get along so well, but I just can't imagine myself being so lucky."

Naruto tried to be sympathetic, "come on, Shino's a good guy. I"m sure you two will hit it off."

Rituji just looked at the ground, "I met him at the wedding, he's quite and has no personality. It was like talking to wall. His response were always yes or no. How can I be with a guy like that?"

Naruto raised an eyebrow, "he was an Aburame at a wedding, of course he showed no emotion, that what they're taught to do at social events. Just try to bring his personality out, he's gotta have one. If anyone can do it it's you."

Rituji looked up, "you really mean that?"

Naruto gave her a foxy grin, "of course, just give Shino a chance, he's a good guy who loves his friends."

Rituji smiled and nodded. They left the gates and headed for the Leaf.

They reached the Leaf to find Shino waiting for them along with the rest of team 8.

"Hey guys, how've you been?" yelled an excited Naruto.

Kiba gave him a toothy grin, "Oh, pretty good. Been getting to spend plenty of alone time with Hinata so that's nice."

Hinata blushed heavily, "Kiba!"

Kurenai gave a small smack on the back of the head, "Not the way to act when we're meeting Shino's future wife."

Rituji laughed, "It's alright, I'm Rituji Suikazan. It's a pleasure to meet all properly, we didn't really speak much during the wedding. I think we should all go out for a drink and talk some, what do you think Shino-kun?" She asked trying the suffix out.

Shino nodded, "Sounds pleasant, I know a good place. Please follow me Rituji-chan."

Rituji breathed a sigh of relief, he got her to call her chan, that was a start.