Time For Some Fun

I was sitting in the local coffee shop the day after Chris showed up to my house waiting for Tara to arrive. When she walked in and I noticed she had Carly and Shanna with her and I groaned.

"You didn't say come alone and I figured we were all in trouble." Tara said once they got their drinks and joined me at the table.

"I mean yeah but you sent him to my house today and didn't give me any warning. I was expecting you." I said upset and she sighed.

"I know but I knew a private setting meeting would be better than out as a group." Tara sighed. I groaned.

"He text me about you when he left the house." Carly said and I sighed.

"He did?" I asked confused.

"He did, you want to know what he said?" Carly said and I shook my head.

"No, I don't. Listen, I know he is your brother and friend but I feel like I was blindsided. No warning at all." I said.

"What warning could I have given you?!" Tara asked with a huffed laugh.

"Just that maybe he would be stopping. Don't lie and say it was going to be you." I said and she sighed.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Tara said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry I'm upset, just with Chase I don't want him getting attached or thinking Chris is going to be around all the time. The kid is 16 and loved Chris so much." I said and they nodded.

"Well Chris looked Chase actually." Carly said.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm telling you he text me. He said you were amazing especially with Chris Evans showing up on our doorstep and that Chase is awesome." Carly said and I groaned.

"We are planning on going bowling tomorrow night, come with us. Bring us Chase." Shanna said and I groaned.
"I don't know." I said and they sighed.

"Come on, it will be fun. You can meet my other brother Scott and Tara's husband. It will be fun." Shanna said and I took a deep breath.

"Fine, I will come bowling and bring Chase. I will apologize now if he freaks out." I said and they laughed.

"We can warn Chris." Shanna said and I smiled. 

🎳 🎳 🎳 🎳 🎳

The next day I let Chase drive to the bowling alley, I knew he needed to get driving time in on the roads here since he would be getting a car. I had heard nothing but him getting a car since I mentioned it.

"Mom, I want a truck or a jeep." Chase said and I groaned.

"And are you getting a job to support the gas for a jeep or truck. I mean I know I have my car my which isn't small so we will have to think about it okay." I said and he groaned.

"It's my car..." Chase as we pulled into the parking lot of the bowling alley.

"And I'm the one paying the gas and insurance." I said and he groaned as we parked. I looked at my phone as it vibrated.

>Everything is paid for just pick up shoes. We are one lanes 1 and 2 on the left-hand side.< The text from Tara said. I had yet to tell Chase why we were here, I wanted to surprise him.

"We are to pick up shoes and got to lanes 1 and 2." I said to Chase and he was confused still but nodded.

"Listen, let's just table the car conversation for now and I promise you when we get home and get serious about going shopping we will compare everything okay?" I said and he nodded.