Chapter 6

Here we go guys, big things ahead! The song for this chapter is 'Hold Back The River' by James Bay! And yes, I used this song in 'Into Your Arms' but after revising through the sings I'd chosen I changed things around a little :3
Please comment your reactions to different part of this chapter!!!! I promise, this chapter has been worth the wait!
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"What in Mahal's name were you thinking, Thorin?" You exclaim hotly, and Thorin's eyes widen with surprise.

"Y/N-" he begins in earnest, but you cut him off angrily, stomping up to face him.

"Bargaining with Thranduil would have saved us all, he would have let us all go free, unharmed! A handful of jewels is a pittance to pay for the lives of our people, Thorin! But instead you had to go and insult him, and we'll be stuck here until you have a change of heart, which better be bloody well soon!"

"I was not going to stand there and let him get away with demeaning our people!" Thorin finds his resolve and puts up a fight, eyebrows creased.

"Look what he did to you! To strip you like that, leave you crawling like an animal on the floor! I will not have him insult you like that, the filthy shirumund [beardless]- "

"Which wouldn't have happened if you hadn't insulted him in the first place!" You lower your tone slightly, taking the edge off your anger, as Thorin paces back and forth in the low-lit cell, arms folded.

"I hate them all just as much as you do, Thorin. Believe me, I do, but we must be diplomatic in this situation. Making a deal with the Elvenking would aid us in this venture immeasurably. Our hearts cannot rule our heads when we deal with folk such as these."

"I cannot stand there and exchange pleasantries with the creature that has caused us so much pain!" Thorin whirls back around, cracks of light shining through the door and onto his face. Now rumbled the true storm of the dwarf prince's rage.

"If he and his legions had intervened, slain the dragon and saved our people, many hundreds- thousands- of lives would have been saved!"

"It would have saved us, they would have found you and healed you... you would have received the best medicine in these lands," He adds in undertone. You turn away at his words, fighting the urge to scream, or fall in a heap and cry.

"I am sorry for my actions, Y/N, but I will never bargain with that monster. Not even if my life depended on it." He spat out the last word as though it tasted foul.

"But it does depend on it, Thorin, can't you see?!" You remark exasperatedly, throwing your hands up in the air.

"I don't think you fully comprehend how deep my hate for Thranduil runs. He could have prevented what separated us for so many decades, you could have been back in m-" he pauses, and you turn to see him blinking rapidly.

"You could have returned," he said hoarsely, and doubt clouds your mind again.

"Losing a friend is difficult," you begin, and Thorin snorts.

"A friend?!" His voice is full of derision. "You and I both know we weren't friends, Y/N."

"Maybe then we weren't then, but that is all we are now." Your voice wobbles slightly, and you look away, into a corner of the cell.

"Y/N, we are both part of this. You aren't the only one with a say in this, and we are definitely not friends!" Thorin's tone is angry again, and you steel yourself with the last of your strength before looking back up.

"Then what was the purpose of 'getting to know each other'?!" You exclaim frustratedly. "If we are no longer strangers, nor friends, what are we Thorin? What are we?!"