Chapter 15: The dead amongst the living

"Sota....Sota wake up." Mewsie said shaking him lightly.

Sota opened his eyes to see her hanging over him. "Shit!" He yelled scooting back not knowing if she was still under his control. Where were they? Why did the black hole take him here? "My head." The silver haired boy said holding his head and slightly slouching from the pain.

"Are you alright Sota? Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry!" She started to cry, feeling guilty of her forced actions.

Sota just smiled at her and felt the scratch on the side of his cheek that would probably scar later. "It's fine, I'm alright. You didn't mean to."

Sota started to stand up as the leaves around him wrestled and the trees surrounded him as if containing the outsider. "Where are we?" He asked starting to get his voice back.

"We're in the forest that's behind the town. How did you get us here? All I remember is falling onto the ground."

Sota looked at the area he was in again. The trees seemed to make a perfect space. "I don't know. All I remember thinking is that I wanted to be away from him." Sota started walking a little farther when he found himself thinking all the tress look the same.

"Sota that's the wrong way!" She said running after him not realizing that he was wanting to leave until now.

-with Sage-

He tried to just walk around town to see if he could notice her anywhere, but her smell was completely gone and that worried him. He looked in the local barber shop. There was nothing but equipment laid out and hair everywhere. "Why would they leave with out cleaning. That's gross. Never getting my hair cut there!" He shrugged and kept walking on.

The more he walked the less people he found until he heard a rumbling in the distance coming from the Far East side of the town. His ears flinched and he peered closer to see people running towards him with pitchforks and shotguns.

"There he is! There's one of the nekos!" They called.

"Hey guys," he waved grinning. "I was wondering where everybody was!"

"Get him!" They shouted.

Sage's wave started to go to a slow stop. He stepped to the side when one pushed the pitch fork to him and he stared with shock. "You guys seem a little tense." He said side stepping again as he was swung at and his ears perked up at the sound of a shot gun being loaded.

His nails grew he heard the gun fired and he put his fingers together shielding his face. His eyes were in a glare and the crowd became very quiet at the sound of the gun shot. Sage was starting to put two and two together. His daughter was gone and now these guys were shooting at him. If they weren't afraid to shoot him. They... They aren't afraid to shoot.

Sage started to laugh a slow laugh and took down the hand away from his face. His eyes were closed as he spoke in a soft and stern voice. "I hope you all enjoyed your little attack on my family because it's the last thing you'll ever do." His eyes were sharp now as he stared into every last one of their souls.

He wasn't giving any mercy because his daughter was missing and these people just so happened to coincidentally have guns? Yeah right! They all flinched for a second feeling intimidated before he shot down the middle of them all and stopped at the end. After 3 seconds they all heaved over from Sage cutting into their bodies.

The people heaved over and then bent all the way back with blood spurting out of their bodies and their eyes glowed red walking towards him with blood dripping down their bodies but the wounds have already healed.

Sage was walking away after hearing their blood explode out of their chest and rain over their assumed lifeless bodies. Yet there they stood. Sill coming after him as if it was merely a scratch.

"Boom!" Another gunshot was aimed at Sage's back and his tail swiftly turned into a sword moving up to cut the bullet in half. 'Why are they still alive?' He wondered as they should all be dead right now.

"You should have just stayed down." He mumbled, and turned around as they all rushed at him again. Sage stood his ground and smirked at them. "Round 2? I'm game."

-back at Kirito's house-

Tanya had made the girls something to eat while Shimoko laid in one of her arms curled up and falling asleep. "Do you three know anything about what's going on with Mewsie?" She asked and the three girls shook their heads.

"The last I saw her she was upset because Kirito had gotten into another fight." Lovely stated. Kuri nodded crossing her arms listening.

"I invited her to my house and was waiting for her, but she never came out of the first floor." Anastasia noted adding fuel to Tanya's fire.

She still had more questions to ask when she heard a grumble, then a stir. She heard him get up and start to walk into the kitchen seeing the three girls. His head was sore from the hard knock out, but he'd live. "Hey...." He slurred.

Tanya put the plates on the table and quickly went over to him. "I'm sorry." She said hugging him. "I was just so stressed and you weren't helping."

He hugged her back. "I'm sorry too."

"Kirito." She whispered and he turned his head giving her his full attention. "Where is Sota?"

Kirito rubbed his head and went over to sit at the table. "Hes at his dad's work. He wanted to warn him about the demon that was loose in the town. It is odd though that he hasn't come back yet."

Lovely's eyes widened as she couldn't believe what she thought she heard. "He went to see father?! After he just got in a fight?!" She screeched. Kirito's head nodded as he obviously didn't understand the urgency.

"Oh he's in trouble." Kuri said.

Kirito raised an eyebrow at them. "It's just his dad. What's he going to do to him?"

Lovely shrugged. "Who knows?"

Anastasia looked at them and decided to tell them something. "In my family if you lose a fight the loser has to do what the winner wants." she said and they all looked at her. "Why would you do that?" Anastasia shrugged. "It's just tradition."

"Maybe we can talk to Sota's dad and he can help us put a search warrant out for Mewsie."

They nodded thinking that sounded like a good idea. "Wouldn't Kirito's dad think of that?" Lovely said remembering he had went to go look for her.

"I think we should just put the warrant out." Tanya said knowing Sage enough to know that that was never going to happen.