" I know I did"  he whispered as he pulled the car up.

I looked up at him in surprise.
Before I could say anything in response he jumped out of the car and locked me inside.

—————————————————

Toji grabbed Gojo's wrapped up body from the trunk and slung it over his shoulder.

He started to walk towards two men who had been patiently waiting for his arrival.

They both scowled at him as he approached.
Toji sighed in annoyance. The Zenin clan never changed.

He threw the body down in front of them so they could get a better look.

They both seemed unfazed by the fact one of the most powerful sorcerers was dead in front of them. Typical...

But then Toji noticed something strange. Gojo's neck didn't seem to be as damaged anymore... like it was healing..

'Crap was he still alive?'

He had to wrap this up quickly.

" Can I have my money now or what? believe it or not my plans aren't to hang around here all day sipping tea with you two".

" I thought you said you had the girl too?" One questioned.

"She broke out and gave me the slip. Why do you think I'm in a rush to leave".

" How disappointing"

'Typical it's still not good enough for them' Toji sighed to himself.

But a smile still crept up on Toji's face.
If Gojo was still alive he would wake up in the middle of the Zenin clan. He'd cause one hell of a scene..

'Maybe this would work out after all..' he thought to himself.

The two men handed him what he was owed for Gojo and Toji impatiently grabbed it out their hands and quickly began heading off.

" Wait Toji, take the body"

Huh

" what you guys wanted his dead body. Here you got it, it's your problem now".

" We only needed to see it. We don't do body disposal that job is for scum like you Toji. You know that. Now take it before we take every penny off you". They sneered in a patronising tone.

Toji clenched his jaw as he fought back his anger. He picked up Gojo and headed back for the car. Behind him he could hear the two higher ups chuckling.

Laughing. At him.

The one that just brought fucking Satoru Gojo to them.

There was a part of Toji that hoped that this would change their perception of him. As much as he hated the Zenin clan he wanted to show his worth to them.

Maybe he would've had more of a reaction to having the girl there too?

No it still wouldn't have been the same.

He was never enough. He never would be.

But at least Y/N was free.
She never deserved to be mixed up in everything anyway.
She wasn't theirs. She never would be. He'd make sure of that.

Toji paused just before the car. He stopped to listen.

Breathing.

The fucker was still alive.

Toji let out a dry laugh. Y/N was going to have Gojo to protect her.

'That means she won't need me anymore, probably for the best really, she can be happy with someone that's good for her. She'll be free'.

Toji threw Gojo back in the trunk and jumped back into the car.

He saw Y/N flinch when he slammed the car door shut.

' good she needs to be afraid of me' he thought to himself.

" what are they going to do with us Toji" she questioned. Her voice cracked with fear.

" Nothing. You're going home".

She looked at him puzzled.

" You're going home with Gojo".

A/N: thank you everybody for your support! I know it's been a while and this is a weak chapter so I promise the next chapter will be out in the next week! Hope you are all enjoying it.