Chapter 7 - Fighting With Flips

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Uh, well, technically speaking yes as I am female and have a thing called the female reproductive system."

Chemistry class. Molecules. Acids. All sorts of things. It was normally a class that Gwen and Peter enjoyed a lot. They got to learn, well Peter did as Gwen already learned all of this. Again, normally both of them would enjoy the class, but Ned still decided to interrogate them with absurd questions about their powers.

"Can you spit venom?" Ned whispered as he wheeled his chair over to Gwen and Peter.

"No."

"Can you?"

"No."

"Can you summon an army of spiders?"

Suppressing a sigh, Peter kept taking notes when he replied, "No, Ned."

"Can you?"

"No, although that would be really cool."

Next class: History. Peter and Ned had lived through the events in which the teacher was droning on about. Gwen, however, hadn't. Only thing she was there for was the airport fight, along with Peter. So, it was important for her to actually pay attention to whatever the teacher was talking about, even if it was completely boring.

"The Sokovia Accords were put in place. . ."

Ned leaned over from Peter's right. "How far can you shoot your webs?" he whispered.

"It's unknown. Shut up," said Peter.

". . .to begin regulating. . ."

Ned went back to his proper place but then leaned over again. "If I were you, I would stand on the edge of a building and just shoot it as far as I could-"

"Shut up, Ned." That time Peter's voice rose a little where the girl in front of them turned around and glared at them.

Gwen decided to comfort Ned a little. "It's okay, Ned. That was the first thing I did," she said, causing a smile to appear on his face and for Peter to sigh.

Gym was something else Gwen could always do. With numerous years of ballet under her belt, a little bit of gymnastics, and of course the spider that bit her. The gym at Midtown was actually decent. It was spacious with climbing ropes at the far back and bleachers all along the side of the wall.

"Hi. I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield. . ." Steve's voice sounded though the old television set up on a cart. The teacher of gym, Coach Wilson, stood next to it with a bored expression that matched the student's faces. Steve's clothes was what he wore in the battle of New York, and Gwen knew that because she looked at this universe's history.

Gwen sat behind Peter and Ned, next to MJ who wasn't paying attention (not that Gwen blamed her or anything) and was reading a new book Of Human Bondage.

The gym uniforms were some obnoxious yellow shorts that made people look like bumblebees. The shirt was actually somewhat decent with a nice royal blue color with the Midtown logo printed on it.

"Do you know him?" Ned leaned over and whisper.

"Yeah, we met," Peter vaguely replied.

Ned's eyes widened and his jaw went slack.

". . .fitness can be the difference between success or failure."

"I stole his shield," Peter added, feigning nonchalance.

Gwen snorted from behind them. She leaned forward, putting her head between the two boys'. "'Stole it'? You had it for less than a minute. If anything, you borrowed it."