34. After the marriage

Start from the beginning

"W-with me? And you too??" Jeannette gasped, her two hands pulled up to her chin in surprise as her eyes went all round.

"No sorry bun, you'll be alone with him." I said "It'll be okay, I think he's starting to like you."

"R-really?? You really think he likes me????"

"Yep. You'll be fine bunny! I'll see you for dinner, okay?"

"Okayyyyyyyyy!!"

I left for the Ruby palace.

Going into the garden, I breathed into the fresh air as I walked in the clear paths towards the Ruby palace.

And suddenly, I got jumped.

"mRAWWWOOOOOWWWWAAAOW~" Something swiped at my feet, endlessly attacking me.

"MoThEr Of-" I cursed and then picked up the lower part of my dress to reveal the cat. "Antoinella-You-AlIvE!? How..."

The blue eyed white persan just stood there on the ground, looking very unhappy to see me.

"Mrrrrrrrrrrowwwww-" She accused.

"I-"

"Meow-"

"Okay-" I bent down and pet her head. She swiped up and tried to bite my fingers off and claw at my hands. "OWWWWW-dAmN!!"

Then she jumped on me and stood on my shoulder. Yes, fourteen pounds of flesh, fur and bones is now standing on my shoulder like it's its bed. Heavy.

"Excuse me mam, get down please..." I turned around and wiggled a bit "Antoinella de Alger Obelia, if you don't get down right now, I'll let my daughter play dress up with you."

"Meow." She laid on my neck like she's some sort of scarf.

"You're heavy." I stated before I took her and threw her on the ground where she landed smoothly and looked offended.

"Meow."

"Stay."

"Maooowaoowaoo."

"StayAyAy." I said as I resumed walking to the ruby palace. She obviously didn't obey me.

I entered, the cat on my heels, surprised to see no one by the door. The Ruby palace sure is rather desert compared to the Emerald palace.

Then I came across a maid who was dusting a little flower pot, looking bored and half asleep. She isn't even doing her work well I can feel it.

"Excuse me," I said as she turned around like I was bothering her "Where can I find princess Athanasia?"

"Why do you need the princess? She has no lessons until 15h..." The maid replied absently.

"I need to talk to her." I explained.

"You can't just talk to her-"

Okay. My practical mind has declared that this conversation a waste of time and that this maid doesn't deserve to argue with me.