Chapter 7

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Joss' POV

"Please put me down now," Copter requested. "I will be alright, I assure you. It wasn't a very bad sprain."

We were already inside the elevator when he had made the request.

"I don't wanna set you down while the elevator is moving," I said. "Let's wait until we're out of the elevator."

When the elevator stopped at the third floor, I walked out with Copter still in my arms. Then I slowly set him down making sure to support him by holding on to his waist in case his knees buckled.

"Which way to your unit?" I asked, looking from left to right on the corridor.

"Unit 333 is to the right of this corridor," he replied.

I continued to hold on to his waist as we made our way to Unit 333. Thankfully it wasn't a long walk so Copter didn't have to hop on his unaffected foot for too long.

I noticed him fumbling for his key because his other hand was holding two bouquets at the same time.

"Here, let me do it for you," I offered, already placing my hand inside his pocket.

"Uhh!" Copter made a strangled cry and a sharp backward movement.

Oh shit, I had dug in too far into his pocket.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I said, my face turning a bright red.

I noticed that he was blushing furiously as well.

"I swear it wasn't intentional," I said firmly, placing my hand on my chest.

"You know what, why don't you hold these flowers for me and I will take care of my front door," he suggested.

"Good idea," I agreed wholeheartedly, cursing myself silently, asking myself why I didn't think of that earlier.

I am not a predatory kind of person. I never take advantage of anyone especially when they are in need of my help.

Soon, Copter had opened the door to his unit.

"Come into my parlor ... " he started to say, and stopped abruptly.

But I wasn't going to let his naughty phrase slide.

" ... said the spider to the fly?" I raised my eyebrow and followed it with a double wink.

He started to blush once more.

"I wasn't trying to trap you," he said with a frown. "I am in no position to," he added, pointing to his injured ankle.

"I was only teasing," I said with a gentle smile.

He made a move to take the two bouquets from me.

"If you will show me where your flower vases are, I will take care of these bouquets for you," I offered.

"They are under the kitchen sink," he said.

"How about I just take one flower vase and throw this bouquet of orchids into your kitchen trash bin?" I asked even though I already knew what his reaction was going to be.

"Nooohhh!" he yelled.

I laughed at the thought that he had taken me seriously.

I opened the cabinet under the kitchen sink and found three flower vases. I took two of them, and then on second thought, I took all three of them. I planned to divide my bouquet of roses into two bunches and place them in two different flower vases.

I honestly was very tempted to trash the orchids but I knew that Copter would never forgive me if I did that.

I placed the flower vase with orchids in the farthest corner of the kitchen counter. Then I took the two flower vases that held my wine red roses.

"Copter," I said as I walked back to the living room where Copter had already settled himself on the couch. "If it's fine with you, I will set one of these on the dining table and the other on a table inside your bedroom."

"That's alright, thank you," Copter replied.

Yesss, that way he will be reminded of me when he wakes up in the morning and when he comes to the dining table for breakfast. I will be the first person that he thinks of at the start of his day.

"All set!" I declared happily after I came out of his bedroom.

"Thank you," Copter smiled at me, his dimples showing, making my heart do a cartwheel inside my chest.

"If you will let me, I can make dinner for you tonight," I offered, keeping my fingers crossed tightly behind me.

"You have done enough for me already," Copter said, shaking his head to decline my offer.

"I promise it won't be a big bother," I said. "I swear I'm a good cook," I added, for the clincher.

Copter didn't say a word at first. I could tell by the expression on his face that he was thinking it over.

He was about to open his mouth to say something when his phone started to ring.

He dug into his pocket and took out his phone.

"Hello," his voice sounded a little distant, like he wasn't comfortable taking the call but took it anyway.

"No, thank you, P'Kim, I'll be fine," I heard him say before he tapped on his phone screen to end the call.

Then he looked at me and said, "I would be happy and grateful to accept your offer."

"Thank you," I said, my heart in my throat. "I will do my best not to disappoint."

"No, thank you," he said, emphasizing 'you'. "I am really grateful for all the kindness that you have been showing me."

I wanted to say, "It's because I love you," but I felt that this was not yet the time to say it.