15 Monster Brawl (3/6)

"Mommy," Pixie said. "Do earthquakes happen this often in Equestria?"

The young feline asked this question as Starlight guided them around the edge of Ponyville. Despite Starlight's endeavor to elude the chaos, the land around constantly threatened her ploy.

"The creatures must be going through mood swings," Trixie suggested. "It can't be helped, given they breaking into their new environment."

Pixie perked her ears to the rumble from afar. Trixie and Starlight even noted her looking back to the source of the noise.

"So Pixie," Trixie said. "What was it that made you interested to enroll in our school?"

"Oh, well," Pixie started. "Honestly, I was just feeling a bit lonely at home."

"What?" Mandy gasped. "But you have me to keep you company every day. Oh no, please don't tell me you're going through your teen phase?"

"Why do you feel lonely?" Starlight asked.

"It's because of my big sis," Pixie answered. "I always had her around to play with. We would play pranks and games every day. Some folks would call her wicked, but they don't know her as I do." Pixie drooped her ears and glanced at the ground. "But sometimes I wonder if I ask too much from her. She's now gone off somewhere without telling me anything. It makes me wonder if I pushed her away."

"Gone off, you say?" Trixie said. "Perhaps she went on a journey to learn more about herself. Trixie had done the same during my younger days."

Pixie stared at the ground and rubbed her arm that was held by Mandy. "I wished she had brought me along. I know she always wanted to be a witch, but I didn't think she leave me behind."

"...Did you say, witch?" Starlight asked.

Suddenly, a large eldritch flame emerged high into the sky. Its emerald light shone brightly across the town, dazzling the eyes of onlookers.

Mandy gaped at the flame. "Was that I think it was?"

"Why does she always have to showboat?" Starlight grumbled.

"I know those flames!" Pixie shouted and then slipped her paw off from Mandy. She rushed and climbed atop and building.

"Pixie!" Mandy called to her. "Wait! Come back here!"

But Pixie continued forth, jumping through the building to the building to reach the origin of the emerald flames. And as she neared it, she held hope she would find what she yearned most.