15 Monster Brawl (2/6)

Lil' Cheese let out a joyous chortle as he rode atop a leaping bufogren. A giant toad with six eyes and a horrid mouth of a leech. Residents gazed astonished at the little colt as he rode the creatures through the streets of Ponyville.

However, his joyride came to a swift end when Wist swooped above and swept him from the bufogren's head. "I got you," Wist said as she secured the colt in her hooves.

Lil' Cheese kept his stupor, cheering loudly at his ascension above Ponyville. He stretched his hooves out to cut through the air.

"Glad someone is enjoying this," Wist grumbled. She continued her ascension above the buildings but came to an abrupt halt when she felt something icky pulling down her hind hoof.

She looked and found the bufogren's tongue wrapped around her hind hoof. Its warm saliva trickled onto her skin, making Wist tremble. "Ew!" Wist shouted. "Get your boggy swamp tongue off of me!"

Wist lit her hind hoof in emerald flames. The green fire came upon the bufogren's tongue fast, searing its soapy tongue of its moisture. The bufogren quickly reeled its tongue back and whirled it wildly within itself to regain its dampness.

Lil' Cheese glittered his eyes upon the Wist's flames like it was a shiny trinket. He tried to reach for the fire, but Wist snatched his head onto her pectoral.

"Are you stupid?" Wist asked as she undid her flames. "You can't touch that." Lil' Cheese only rubbed his face on Wist's skin and then stared at her with his verdant eyes. Wist was so spellbound by his innocent glance that she couldn't help pinching his cheeks. "Why do you have to be so cute?"

"Wist!" Wist perked to the sound of Luster Dawn's voice. Wist found her galloping down a street with a face screaming of urgency. "Get down!"

As Wist glided through the air, confused by Luster's warning, she finally noted the sound of a large buzzing. She looked above and realized a bugbear descending upon her fast. Its crimson eyes glowed with bloodlust; its stinger aimed upon Wist.

Wist didn't have time to dodge it. She would need to rely on her hex to save her. And Wist grinned at the horrid curse she had in mind for this insect.

"You chose the wrong one to trifle with," Wist claimed as she harnessed her horn in wispy blue flames. Her hex was near completion until a sudden occurrence disturbed her retaliation.

It was a giant roc, donned in black armor Wist could only recognize as obsidian. The armored roc tackled the bugbear, slamming it harshly to the ground where it left a noticeable crater.

The roc's copper eyes shifted from the bugbear to Wist, though she wasn't concerned. The roc became consumed in emerald flames and left behind a single changeling in its incineration, Pharynx.

"Take the foal somewhere safe," Pharynx advised. "He's a liability on the field."

"He's going to be on the field regardless," Wist argued. "You do realize that all the creatures are here because of him, right?"

As Wist finished her sentence, she instinctively shot her body downward. A pair of tongues had shot above her. They retracted back to two bufogrens standing atop a building from afar.

The bufogrens launched their tongues again. However, their tongues were caught by the claws of Georgia before they could reach Wist. She held a tight grip upon them, having a tug-o-war against the two bufogrens.

"Ugh," Georgia cringed. "This feels so gross."

"Just hold on a bit longer!" Luster shouted as she harnessed magic into her horn. She blasted white beams upon the tongues that surged into the bufogrens.