Chapter 4

Soon after that, Sherlock fell asleep and didn't wake until morning. Or at least, if he woke, he didn't bother John, who slept until morning.

He awoke with warm sun rays hitting his face, but that wasn't what disturbed his dreamless sleep. That would have been the set of brilliant blue eyes watching him like a hawk.

"Jesus Sherlock!" John muttered, jumping a little out of his seat. "How long have you been watching me?"

Sherlock shrugged nonchalantly.

John rubbed his eyes and yawned. "How are you feeling?"

"Slight headache. Very bruised neck. Bored. When are we leaving?"

John snorted. "I can leave any time I want because I am not a patient, unlike you, who will be staying at least another night. Were you just not listening or choosing to ignore me?"

Sherlock frowned, but didn't say anything.

He pulled his phone out from under the sheets, which he must have found on the table before glaring at John to wake him up, and typed something out before slipping it back under the sheets.

"Who are you texting?" John asked.

Sherlock looked at him. It wasn't one of Sherlock's usual looks, the 'I can't believe you just asked that' or the 'it's so obvious how can you function' looks. It made John feel uneasy to not be able to recognize the expression on Sherlock's face when he quipped "Does it matter?"

John frowned. "I suppose not."

Sherlock's phone vibrated a second later and he snatched it up, staring at the message then furiously typing away.

John didn't bother asking again.

"Bored!" Sherlock declared not five minutes later. "I want to go home now ," he whined to John.

John took a deep breath, counted to five and pushed himself out of his chair.

"I will go find your doctor and see what he has to say. But I am not making any promises and you will stay in that bed while I am gone."

Sherlock pouted, but nodded.

"I thought you were my doctor?" he called just as John reached the door.

Sighing, John turned around. "I am your doctor, but I am not your doctor. Now behave."

He could practically hear Sherlock rolling his eyes as he left.

// should I continue this?
⠀(ง'̀-'́)ง \\