2. Stuck in the Middle

The next morning I woke up and put on another summer dress. I love summer dresses. I'm very girly when it comes to my looks.

I ate breakfast with Dylan and we went to the local high school.

It was pretty big. Really nice and modern too.

We talked to the principal and he gave us a tour around the school.

The only classroom I fell in love with was the private music room. I saw a teacher in there playing the piano and one student singing. It was a small room but you get your privacy.

The kids around here were pretty rowdy and I clung onto Dylan so I wouldn't get lost in the crowd.

I spotted a familiar face and gasped. I tugged on Dylan's shirt until he looked at me.

"I need to go to the bathroom. You go ahead. I'll meet you at the main office. I remember where it's at."

"You sure?" he asked.

I nodded at him. "Yep."

He kissed my forehead and a girl passing by gave me a jealous look. I gave her a confused one.

I waited until Dylan left and caught up to the person I saw.

"Sean!" I yelled and it seemed like my voice was ringing through the school. Well it did. All the chattering stopped and heads snapped towards me.

I blushed and tried not to make eye contact with anyone but Sean.

He glanced at me and was about to walk away but did a double take. He raised an eyebrow and walked towards me, everyone naturally stepping out of his way.

"Who are you?" he asked. I blushed again and he looked at me strangely.

"Mia. The girl you met yesterday." he still looked confused. "The girl you thought was mute."

Recognition flashed through his face and he smiled. Everyone was still walking around but they were quiet and eavesdropping.

"Ahh. Yes. Are you a virgin?" he randomly asked and I heard giggling.

"Um, I- I. Yes?" I stuttered blushing.

"I'm sorry," he said not sounding sorry at all. "I don't want anything to do with virgins even if they're as hot as you."

My mouth dropped and he smirked. My eyes started to water and pity flashed through his eyes but it was gone when I blinked. Curse my sensitive tear ducts.

"But I'm sure other guys would like to pop your cherry. Wouldn't you boys?" he continued, walking away from me.

Suddenly the boys he was with were surrounding me. They were playing with my hair and making crude jokes amongst one another, saying anything new to make me uncomfortable.

"Stop it," I told them when they started tossing me around but of course they didn't listen. Tears were running down my face as I tried to get their hands off me and drown out the flirting and laughter. What kind of school is this? Where is a teacher when you need one?

This was all Sean's fault. It really is. His goons of followers wouldn't have been doing this if he hadn't insinuated it. I looked at him across the crowd hoping he would put a stop to it. My heart dropped when he just looked at me blankly and turned away. Girls were glancing at me with pity while others smirked.

I finally got away and ran to the front of the school. I ran into someone and they grabbed my arms steadying me.

"Mia?" Dylan asked. I was breathing hard and wiping my tears. God, I was such a girl.

"What happened?" he asked worried and mad.

He hugged me and when I calmed down I told him what had happened and apologized for lying about going to the bathroom.

"Let's get ice cream. I'll deal with it tomorrow." I nodded at him and let him drag me away from the school.

"So I got your schedule." he said changing the subject. "You wanna see?"

I looked at my schedule and my bad mood vanished completely. Most of my classes had something to do with what I like to do.

I had dance, piano/keyboard, choir, and drama. A grin broke out across my face.

"I'm going to love going to school now," I said happily.

"Except the people there," he mumbled. He was still shaking from anger but he was trying to hide it from me.

"Except the people." I repeated.

We reached an ice cream shop and picked a seat near the door.

"Vanilla sundae with fruit, nuts, and a wafer?" Dylan asked me, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Just the way I like it," I told him grinning. He grinned at me and ruffled my hair.

I scowled at him and straightened my hair as he went to order our ice creams.

We spent the rest of the day on the beach again eating ice cream and trying to forget about the incident at school. I could tell it was still bugging Dylan however. I just hope he wouldn't do anything rash.

_________________________________________________________________