Vacation Gone Awry: Chapter 9

Josh had a plan. He was not sure if it would work, but it was the only idea he had. It had to work.

Together, he and Jamie raced to the lake house as fast as they could before Marcus caught up with them. They ran through the broken slide doors in the back of the house since the front door was still locked. Josh had to think quickly about what the best place to hide was but he was so anxious and nervous that he was having trouble thinking clearly.

Finally, he thought of the perfect spot to hide and wait for Marcus Stone. He grabbed Jamie's hand and hid behind the kitchen island that separated the kitchen from the dining room. When Marcus entered the dining room through the slider doors, he would have no idea that Josh and Jamie were waiting for him behind the counter. It was the ideal hiding place.

Josh turned around to Jamie and explained, "Ok, Jamie. I got a plan, but you got to be quiet. When Marcus comes through those doors, you can not make a peep. Promise?"

Jamie nodded, looking at Josh with large horrified eyes.

A few minutes later, Marcus ambled into the dining room, eyes wandering the room looking for his targets. Unable to find them, he continued to walk down the hallway. When he moved past the kitchen island, Josh leaped around the counter and plunged the knife he obtained earlier into Marcus's gut. Marcus let out a gasp of pain and crumbled to the floor instantly, holding onto his bleeding stomach.

Before he could get up, Josh continued to mercilessly stab Marcus's back. A few droplets of blood flew all over Josh, however, until he was sure Marcus was dead, he did not plan on letting up.

At long last, Josh felt Marcus go completely limp underneath him. Utterly exhausted, Josh collapsed back onto the floor and started sobbing. All of his emotions that he had been suppressing washed over him until he felt entirely numb.

Jamie reached over to hug him and together they cried until they could cry no more. Josh whispered out loud, "Let's go home."