SameMori (more like InAmeTori)

Começar do início

And finally, Amelia had gotten enough info to carry out her plan. It was time to stop the fighting once and for all, and it would all start with a ransom note.

If her intel was correct, each group had a connection to a third party that supplied them with goods. The Deadbeats having Kiara, CEO of Kiara Fried Phoenix, as their supplier while The Chumbuds had Ina'nis, high priestess of the Tenticult.

If her team could stall the gang's next delivery, then send in the notes, she could get both leaders alone. It would be even better if she could actually take Ina and Kiara into custody instead of holding an empty threat. That would insure both parties would cooperate with her.

As if hearing her thoughts, Bubba stood before running to her office door and barking. Soon after, a knock followed. "Come in!" She called out, moving her most recent case files off her desk and into one of the drawers.

She wasn't expecting the Takanashi Kiara and Ninomae Ina'nis to walk through her door and sit in front of her desk. As a matter of fact, it took the detective off guard to see them here, much less together.

So when the priestess silently slid a map with both gang territories highlighted onto her desk, Amelia thought she was going to absolutely faint from shock. Somehow, she managed to keep it together, but kept quiet as she looked it over. It seemed legit as well!

However, something was off. As silently as she could, she pulled her revolver from were it sat inside the desk. She didn't know what they wanted, much less if she was going to have a fight on her hands if she said the wrong thing.

No one gives this kind of information up without a price, that much was true. She needed to find the angle they were playing at. "What's your game here?"

All was silent between the three for a while until Kiara spoke up. "Detective... Please, hear us out." There was a pause in which the CEO seemed to be waiting on permission to continue. Amelia gave her an encouraging nod. "We know you're planning on taking down the two gangs... and we're here to help!" There was a passion in Kiara's voice that could rival a motivational speaker. And even though the priestess simply nodded along, Amelia could see the determination in her eyes as well. They meant what they said, that much was for sure.

Still, she was curious.

"How did you two find out about our operation?" She asked. Her eyes were trained on the two people in front of her. Bubba had laid down beside the detective, watching the two visitors as well, but more out of curiosity than suspicion. When the new people didn't interest him anymore, he simply fell asleep. Subconsciously, Amelia couldn't help but wish she had it as easy as Bubba.

Ina'nis was the one to answer this time, her voice much softer than the CEO beside her. "All cargo in and out is supervised by us personally. It's easy to tell when someone is merely gathering info rather than helping with the shipment." This time it was Kiara's turn to nod in agreement. "So of course, a capture and question was in order."

Amelia felt her mood darken. If they had been questioned, does that mean the Reaper and Shark now know her plans too? Would she have to think of another way to bring down these massive forces? It would be nearly impossible without taking it down from the actual inside. The detective could feel a headache rapidly forming, and pinched the bridge of her nose with a sigh. It would be just her luck, but hopefully she was wrong. "So who else knows about this?"

"Just me and Ina." Kiara answered quickly but sincere, "we've been trying to find an alternative to all this fighting for a while now. And honestly, your plan is the best we've heard so far." Her hands were up in a surrender position while Ina'nis gripped her book tightly. This told her they knew how bold they were being, and how careful they had to tread around her. One wrong move is all it would take.