20

A sound of keys and unlocking made us all look to the side curiously. Ross peered in. "Just checking up on you guys"

"Dude chill, she's fine, we're just getting her and ourselves ready" Ash smiled excitedly.

"Okay, okay. I must say you look amazing already"

"We've only curled my hair and did some basic make up but thank you" I grinned at him. "When can we go downstairs?"

"Not yet! Whatever you do- oh well I'm locking the door anyways" he winked. "See you later"

And just as fast as he came, he was gone. "That's it. He's killing someone"

I shook my head at Jenny. "He's setting up a party but I'm being nice and playing along. It's impossible to surprise me"

"It's cute though!" Jenny exclaimed. "Let's start to get you dressed then"

I put on a coral & floral dress with a belt and a blazer on top. From the closet I grabbed my brown heels and slipped into them.

"I have to say, you guys have done pretty well" I looked at myself in the mirror and they all began screaming wildly.

I grabbed my phone and called Ross. He answered breathlessly, voices behind him. "Hello"

"When can I go downstairs? I'm finished" I said, looking out of the window. "I'm bored up here"

"I think it's safe, send the girls down and I'll go to pick you up"

"Ookay" I shrugged and hung up. "He said you guys can go"

"Right, see you down there" Gail sprayed more hairspray on my curls and giggled at my reaction. Once they had gone, I began to put stuff away back in the en suite.

Two little knocks caught my attention. "Someone is looking dapper"

"Well, it's quite the day" Ross smiled and checked himself in the mirror. "Feel old yet?"

"Just 22 years old" I smiled back at him and took his hand. "Let's go cringe"

"Cringe?!"

"I cringe when I arrive at parties!" I exclaimed. "Where is Lilly?"

"She's busy being centre of attention, your friends loved her" he offered me his arm to link into. I only really noticed how crowded his penthouse was until we reached the last step.

Strangely enough it was mostly familiar faces. How he knows that I know these people I will never know. "Surprise"

"Aw Ross!" I gave him a hug.

"You already knew didn't you?"

"Sorry" I smiled uneasily. "It's impossible to surprise me"

"We'll see about that" he laughed. "Now, your parents-"

"My baby!" Mom cried above all voices. I just about had time to turn around until she embraced me in a hug. "You're a woman?"

"You told me that when I began my pe-"

"Now, now" she cut me off and Ross sighed in relief. "Have you guys decided how you're celebrating your birthday?"

"Aren't we doing that now?" I looked at Ross who smirked. "Oh! Mom you need to stop!"

"Especially when I'm around" Dad commented and handed me a little bag. "Happy birthday sweetie!"

"Thanks, dad. Well aren't we going to have the best time opening presents tomorrow" I nudged Ross.

"It's just going to be great" he said with a hint of sarcasm. "I'll be around if you need me but whatever you do, do not leave the apartment"

"Why?"

"Just don't okay?" He kissed me quickly which made Mom squeak. "You'll see later"

"Okay" I shrugged and went hunting for the girls.

+++

We made a dance circle, and right now, it was the best/worst idea we had. Best because everybody suddenly became less uptight & bad mainly because people had to witness my awful footwork.

For some reason people began to stop and look in the direction of the piano. I was still stuck in a routine when Gail swivelled me around. Everybody was looking at Ross.

"Hi everybody! I just wanted to thank you all for making it here and joining us to celebrate Charlotte's 22nd birthday" he said.

"YAY!" I exclaimed and everybody burst out laughing. He winked to me.

"But this isn't the only reason I called you all here. As you all may be aware, we have been dating for almost 3 months and I can't even believe I'm saying this but if I had know her any earlier I would give up anything to relive these last weeks again and again. At first I wasn't so sure of what I was going for, but now I'm 100% sure this is what I want and what I need until the end of my days. So Charlie could you please come over here?"

I awkwardly shuffled my way to the front, taking his hand once I reached him. He looked into my eyes in a way he never did before, it was almost like he was staring directly into my soul.

"I know it's early, way to early to jump into something important for the rest of our lives, but in the meantime I suppose we can make sure we're stuck with each other because let's face it- nobody else can stand me quite like you do" I heard everybody else around me laugh but I was too focused on his actions.

Mainly the fact that he was on one knee.

"OH MY GOD!" Mom screamed from the back.

In between us was the most beautiful ring, shaped like a tiara & decorated with crystals. "Charlotte, will you marry me?"

I technically didn't have a choice, but right now, fuck the arrangement.

"Yes, oh my god- YES WHAT THE HELL!" I shrieked and allowed him to slide the ring onto my finger. Following so, I hopped into his arms and held him tightly.

"Did I manage to surprise you?" He whispered and I nodded. "Great"

"Oh my god, I love you" I touched his face and reached forward to kiss him. He smiled down at me once we pulled away.

"And for all of you's that can't see her ring right now" he held up my hand. "It's a tiara because from this moment forward, she is my queen"

GOALS GOALS G O A L S (unedited again sorry)