15

One Week Later

"Should I take my camera?"

"Do you plan on taking any photos today?" He nodded. "There you go"

I slipped on my TOMS and grabbed my bag, packing my charger & phone, noticing how sweaty my hands were.

Today, I actually meet all of Ross' family (unlike last week where I only met Rydel and Ellington because they came over) for Riker's little girl's birthday. When I looked back up, Ross was looking at me, Lilly already in his arms.

"Ready?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah, let's go" I picked up my bag and we were off to the garage. After getting Lilly sorted at the back of his jeep, we hit the road towards Santa Barbara.

"God it's bright outside" Ross commented.

"It's my soul shining through, I'm sorry" I flicked my hair and he laughed and suddenly his expression went slack. "What?"

"I forgot Amelia's present" he said quietly. I smacked his arm. "I'm sorry!"

"Okay. Do you have any idea of what she likes?"

"She's really girly and she likes to help out; as in doing anything- although, when I took her out she pointed out at a cupcake maker-"

"How about because she's girly we get her some pretty earrings and the cupcake making set" I suggested.

"Well then I should probably go back" he drove onto another lane.

"It would only make sense" I smiled and he shook his head at my sarcasm.

+++

We were held up even more because of multiple things:
•the queue at the stores were insane.
•employers clearly don't know how to wrap gifts.
•Ross' bladder is the size of an acorn.
•I got hungry.
We left at 10, and it was now coming up to 12pm.

All I can say about their neighbourhood is how fancy it is. It's like you have to either be famous or successful to even get in here (there are gates at the front of the street).

"Here we are" we parked outside of a blue and white mansion, 5 cars already parked outside. We stepped out and walked up the driveway to the door.

"Do I ring the bell? I'm so scared" I squeaked.

"I'm going to fall from exhaustion at any time so maybe yes, ring the doorbell" he suggested with a slight laugh and I did. Seconds passed a girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes came to the door. She grinned at us both.

"Hi Grace!" Ross exclaimed.

"Did you buy Amelia another dog?!" She basically shrieked. "Ross I swear to god I'm going to put my foot right up your-"

A little girl with also blonde curls and blue eyes came to the door with a smile. Grace stopped herself "-foot right up in your hands so you can give me a boost to help me reach Millie's present"

"You mean 'on your hands', mommy" the little girl giggled and I almost melted at the cuteness. Grace turned to me. "Hi, you must be Charlotte"

"Nice to meet you" I shook her hand and we moved out of the way for Ross to get in.

"Give us a hug" he knelt down and his niece ran into his arms. "Happy birthday!"

"Thank you Uncle Ross" she smiled and looked to me. I smiled at her. "Who's this?"

"This is my girlfriend, Millie. She's called Charlie and she has a present for you" he released her again. "Do you want to wait with her whilst I go grab Lilly?"

She nodded and walked to me once he was out the door. She grinned up at me.

"Here" I handed her a little bag, "Happy birthday sweetie"

"Thank you Charlie" she took my bag and was ready to say something else when Lilly ran in and began to lick her. Her mom quickly took the bag before she could ruin it.

"Come on you guys, we're all in the back yard" Grace smiled and we followed her.

+++

This back yard was so big I was scared of getting lost. First, was the large pool, then the basketball courts and many acres of grass.

Ross' family is adorable and sweet and they all seem really tight-knit. I just hope I have made the best first impression.

I was twirled and released by Rydel and crashed into Ross. "Long time no see!"

"Yeah my sister and the girls kind of dragged you away and I never saw you again" he touched my hand. "You're okay with driving today?"

"Yeah, can you not?"

"I may have drank a beer, or two" he smirked and I shook my head at him. "Here I have an idea-"

"Dear god" I cut him off and we both laughed.

"Come here, let's dance" before I could even process his idea, his hands were on my waist. "Are you okay with this?"

"Yes, it's fine, fusspot" I giggled. "I swear that's your new catchphrase, but it's sweet"

"I try my best" he twirled me and we resumed to dancing and I fought the urge of kissing him. That was when my prayers were answered. "Wanna know what would make my parents insanely happy?"

"What would that be?"

"Seeing us kiss" he winked. I rolled my arm but was actually screaming inside. "May I-"

I cut him off by gently pressing my lips to his. For the first time ever, Ross Lynch was speechless. I giggled to myself.

"We need to do that more often. WOO!" He whooped excitedly.

I smiled at him. "Okay okay, now, how about a little game of table tennis? I saw that table and I can't resist the urge to play any longer"

He winked and put an arm around me. "Get ready to get absolutely thrashed"

I laughed sarcastically. "In your sweet dreams, loser"