11

My hand touched his bicep lightly. I shook him. "Wake up you, I made you breakfast"

A few seconds passed, and like usual he sprung up apace which startled me. He took a look at me. "Hi"

"Here you go" I handed him a bowl of fresh diced fruit. "I found that fruit is better for colds than sugary food. And because I'm so nice I also made my own orange juice"

"Okay you're scaring me; either you want something or you're plotting my death" he stabbed at a mango cube then pointed to me. "What is it?"

I put a hand to my chest. "What?! I'm just being nice because you have 'man-flu'!"

"Man-flu does exist" he continued to eat.

"Yeah, yeah" I stood up again. "Now, I have to go to work-"

"How come?"

"Because I work" I chuckled.

"I think you should stay home with me, yeah I know I said you shouldn't miss a day so early in but you know, priorities"

I leaned against the window. I suppose an extra day off wouldn't kill. "Throw me my phone, please"

He grinned. "See, this is why I do what I do. I have insane persuasion skills- and I'm hot as hell"

I dialled Joe's number. "Whatever- Hi Joe! Yeah, I can't go to work today. W-Why?"

I looked desperately at Ross. He tapped his head.

"My migraines are playing up again, I can barely move- how I called you? I got Ross to do it" I fibbed. "Just email me what I have to do and then I'll do it here if I can. Okay, thanks"

A sigh escaped me once I hung up. Rosa laughed. "You can't lie for shit"

"And that's good!" I placed my phone down. "How are you feeling? You look slightly better"

"Relatively better than yesterday, and thanks" Sarcasm dropped from his words. I chuckled.

"I'll be taking a well-deserved bath if you need me" I walked away towards the bathroom.

+++

After drying my hair, I grabbed my 'Bazinga!' hoodie and a pair of leggings with my fluffy socks. Once dressed, I made my way downstairs but I froze half way down.

"How'd you like it?" Ross placed a hand on the shimmering grand piano and gestured for me to come closer. "I remembered you told my parents you used to play so I got this bad boy for you"

I looked at the piano and all the memories came flooding back. "Thank you, it means a lot"

"You're hiding something, you look like you're about to cry" Ross frowned and touched my hand. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's just memories" I allowed him to wipe the tears in my eyes.

"Wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head. "Another day. But that is really nice of you, come here"

I hugged him, hoping his contact would push the memories away. This is the lowest my guard has been for over ten months. I gently pushed him away. "I'll be in the kitchen if you need me"

"Come and meet me upstairs in the spa, yeah?" He smiled and I nodded.

I made myself a sandwich and basically inhaled it. I found my Converse and put them on to go up to the spa.

It was like heaven up here, everybody- everything was either white, green or a pretty pastel blue. As I continued past the reception someone called me back. "Can I help you miss?"

"Yes, in fact" I turned to her. "Have you seen Mr Lynch?"

"Yes he went-" she tipped. "Are you, Mrs Lynch by any chance"

I sighed. "Not officially, but yeah"

"Awesome well follow me!" She giggled. "He said he didn't want to see anybody else but you. I know it's nothing to do with me but, you are so lucky"

I smiled. "You could say so. Thank you"

"He should be with Michelle, the masseuse, right down that corridor" the girl said cheerily and waved before flouncing off.

I continued to the door she pointed at and opened it, hitting someone. "I'm sorry!"

"It's alright" a woman clearly older than me grinned. Ross groaned.

"Hi babe"

"Hello" I sat down awkwardly. "I now know where to go when i come from work"

"Good idea" he sighed. "It's so-ouch-worth it"

I peered around awkwardly until he started to speak again. "How about we put you and I together? You know, later-"

"How about my foot up your ass together? Would that work for you?" I snapped hotly and the masseuse giggled. Ross reached over and flipped me off which made me laugh.

Guard = up higher than ever.