Vallhala

I sat down at the swing. The playground was empty as it was 3am in the morning. It wasn't far from the house I lived in. I had trouble sleeping lately so I would come here often. At least once a while as I couldn't just stay inside , it felt so empty in my house. My parents died in a shooting when I was small so the only one I lived with ,was my elder brother ,who was always with his girlfriend. She lived in a small apartment in Tokyo and he would constantly sleep at her place. He was so in love with her which I couldn't even comprehend. Imagine being so in love with someone that you wanna spend every single second of your life with them , I couldn't.

I swung around for a while till I noticed that someone was watching me. I wasn't afraid as I had experience with fighting. I went to self defence classes and did Thai boxing which was pretty tough to keep up with. I would occasionally still go to Thai boxing but school was keeping me really busy lately. The guy that watched me slowly came closer. On both of his hand was a big tattoo , written on the right hand was 'punishment' and on the left 'sin' . His hair war partially dyed blond and he was really tall. The earring he had on the left ear moved as he came closer. " Pretty girls like you should sleep at this time of the day." He took a puff of his cigarette and gave me a bright grin. He sat down next to me ,on the empty swing.

I looked at him and admired how handsome he was yet I knew that he was bad news. A guy that you don't wanna have as your enemy. " I have trouble sleeping." I answered as I continued swinging lightly back and forth.

He looked at me but his smile slowly faded. " What is keeping you up at night ?" He asked as he continued smoking in peace.

I blushed a bit , after all he was just a random good looking guy that accidentally came across me. Why would he even care about that stuff , doesn't he have other things to worry about. " Hm ... probably my anxiety and stress. I worry a lot about the people I love. I don't want them to get hurt." I mumbled as I blushed a bit harder. Maybe I opened up too much in front of him ?

He grinned again. " Aw ; poor thing. Well good that everyone that I love is already dead." He giggled a bit as he swung around too. He looked up to the night sky and the small glowing stars in the distance. They looked so beautiful.

" so then why are you awake?" I asked him but he just looked at me with an amused expression. " I think you can answer that question yourself." He ginned at me while looking deep into my eyes.

His eyes where the most beautiful ones I have seen in a while. They were almost golden and kind of glowing, matching perfectly with his hair and the golden jewellery yet they made me nervous. I wasn't scared but he definitely made me feel a hint of fear. Who knows what he is capable of. My cheeks were still glowing but it wasn't the same feeling I have with Mikey. I blushed in front of Mikey because he made my heart pound harder and nervous with all sorts of feelings mixed but this guy , I was blushing as I was still unfamiliar and careful with him.

" I would guess that you have a lot on your mind as well ... what's actually your name..." I asked carefully. He scoffed lightly and wiggled of the ash from his cigarette before he looked at me again. " My name is Hanma." He paused and took another puff. " You might know me , I'm in the Vallhala gang." He explained calmly as his grin became even wider.

" Vallhala..." I whispered to myself as that name sounded familiar to me. I definitely heard that somewhere or someone told me. I repeated the name in my head multiple times. Over and over again , I knew it was something important. Something that I shouldn't have forgotten.

FLASHBACK

Takemichi stood next to me as some tears rolled down my cheeks. We looked at Baji's grave stone as he told me what has happened. The incident that took Baji away from us all. Forever. The grave was full of flowers, incense sticks and candles. It was sad yet the grave looked beautiful. I place the flowers that I bought down and the love letter that I actually wanted to give him. I hid it inside the flowers as it was just meant for him to read. Some tears rolled down Takemichi's cheeks as well. It was only a couple of days after his death so the wounds of sadness were fresh.

He was still wounded from the fight. Some plasters were on his face , some bandages on his arms and legs. Yet the tears of sorrow still fell down his blue beaten eye. He looked terrible but not defeat.

" We got into a gang fight with Vallhala. " He cried more. " One of their gang members stabbed him. He actually left Toman to join Vallhala. He joined them to spy on..."

FLASHBACK OVER

Dang it. I forgot the last part that Takemichi told me. Something even more important then the rest of the information. I got furious at myself for forgetting that. " Do you wanna tell me what's going on in that pretty head of yours ?" He asked teasingly.

I faked a small giggle so that he didn't notice how scared I was . I had sweat of anxiety build up inside of me. I was only wearing some sweatpants and oversized t shirt so the sweat was ice cold which didn't really help me cover up my nervousness. I smiled at him. " Oh nothing... I thought you were someone else I know." I sweetly told him.

" Ah yeah ?" He moved a bit closer as I smelled the smoke of his cigarette. It was such a stingy smell. " You know ... I have this amazing gift where I can determine when someone is lying to me. That's such an advantage for the Feld that I work in , don't you think ?" He whispered to me.

I looked him directly into his eyes , not blinking once , trying to calm myself. The streets where empty, everything was silent and I had nothing on me like a weapon or such to protect me. I was on my own but So be it. " I have nothing to hide." I whispered back.

He laughed hysterically and stood up from the swing . He turned around and walked away but before he left he yelled. " Sleep well my beautiful friend..." he turned around one last time. " And don't forget to say hi to Mikeyyyyyy !" And with that he left me alone , disappearing in the dark where he came from. Literally.