Backstory

(SOCKS POV)

I stood there, staring at where my former (and present, I guess) enemy had disappeared. I couldn't believe that Vizor had survived all these years, after the black hole and everything that had happened. Everyone on Xero thought he had died.

"Socks... Who was that?"

I turned to see the rest of the gang looking at me in shock. Blaza was the one that had spoken. 

"It's... Complicated," I replied, "But as long as he's here, he's a danger to you and everyone else."

I saw that Muffin was staring at where Vizor had disappeared. He looked... Calmer than I would think he would be about all of this. As if he had expected this to happen.

Or maybe he just wasn't paying attention. Silly child.

"Also," Dino cut in, "What did he call you? He said something thing about... Akik? What does that mean?"

I remained silent for a moment before speaking up again. "Akik is... My real name. I changed it to Socks when I started training to explore different galaxies. I was afraid they wouldn't let me in if I told my true identity."

"But why?" Dino questioned.

"Nephalems aren't looked upon too kindly on Xero, not since the war started," I said, "But that's a long story. I don't wanna talk about it."

I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I turned to see Blaza hugging me, trying to reassure me. I hugged him back and wrapped my wings around him. I would never forgive myself if something happened to Blaza. Or anyone else.

That's why Vizor needs to die.

(ignore the erase lines of the left, I wanted to do the full scene but gave up)

"So, I don't mean to intrude on the moment..." Dino cut in, "But there's a mysterious demon on the loose still, so I feel as though we should do something?"

I sighed. He was right. As long as Vizor is free, none of us are safe.

"Wait," Blaza said, "has anyone seen Ally lately?"

Everyone looked around and shook their heads no. Even the ghosts.

"Yeah, I haven't seen her all day," I said, "I'm a bit worried about her at this point. Just got distracted by... You know..."

"We should look for her," Blaza said, "She doesn't know about this, and she could be in trouble."

"I'll check around the military base," Dino said.

"Muffin and I will look around Laff's place," Nadwe said. Muffin nodded in agreement.

"I'm gonna check MedBay!" Meme said.

"And Blaza and I will look... I guess everywhere else," I said. As everyone ran off, I turned to Blaza. "Ready?"

"For what?" Blaza questioned.

"Here, get on my back!" I said, turning around. Blaza looked at me nervously, then climbed up. I spread my wings and found the right wind currents, then took flight.

"SOCKS WHAT-!" Blaza yelped in surprise. I felt him tighten his grip around me. I chuckled. He's probably only ever flown in a helicopter.

"Nice view, huh?" I said. Blaza opened his eyes and looked around. He did tense up when he looked down, but not as much as before.

"You... Do this a lot on Xero?" Blaza questioned.

"I've known how to fly since I was four, Blaza! Just trust me!"

"Alright..."

I flew a bit lower to the ground so that Blaza could scan the land below for any sign of Ally.

"Hey Socks?"

"Yeah?"

"If you don't mind... I want to hear the truth."

"About what?"

"Xero. Where you came from. How you got here. If you don't wanna talk about it that's fine..."

"No, you're good," I replied, "You deserve to know the truth. I've been keeping it from you for so long, it's about time I tell someone."

I sighed. "As you know, I'm a demon-angel. But when I was born, demons and angels were at war with each other. It was a war started by none other than Vizor himself, but that's a whole other story. Around the age of four, the demons found me. Took me away from my parents. Trained me to be one of them for about eleven years.

"When I was about fifteen, the training camp I was at got bombed. I was one of the few lucky ones to survive without fatal injuries. During that time, I found out that I had been taken. That they killed my parents, just because I was born. That's when I swore to never follow to demons in the war. Ever again.

"It's also when I decided to train for being an intergalactic explorer. What you guys call an astronaut. Then, during a mission I was sucked into a black hole and... You get it."

Blaza remained silent for a moment, taking in the information. He looked surprised. Figures.

"You may not believe this," Blaza said, "But... I feel your pain."

I looked back at him skeptically. "I don't need your pity, Blaza, it's fine..."

"I mean, not all of it," Blaza continued, "But believe it or not, we used to to be at war. It's the reason Woolf died... And Nick... And Laff."

"You mean when Meme's wife died?" I questioned, "You mentioned something about that when we found Nick in the forest."

"Yeah," Blaza replied, "So... Don't feel alone."

I smiled gratefully.

Once we finished a full loop around the general area with no luck, I landed in front of MedBay, where everyone else was waiting. Meme saw us first.

"Socks! Blaza!" Meme said, running towards us, "Did you find anything?"

"No luck," I said. Blaza nodded.

Meme sighed. "Where could she be?"

"I don't know," I said, "But I trust she can keep herself safe. She's capable of handling herself."

"I guess you're right," Meme said.

"Hey," I said, putting my hand on his shoulder, "We'll find her."

Meme looked up at me. "I hope so."

--------------------

IF ONLY THEY KNEW MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA

951 words :P