Earth [RW]

(Socks PoV)

Warm, green-tinted light flooded my vision as I opened my eyes. I closed them almost immediately as the light worsened the headache I already had. My ankle felt worse, like it had been wrenched out of place. Some blood trickled into my vision from a cut on my forehead. I pressed my gloves hand against it to try and slow the bleeding.

I groaned as I yet again tried to survey my surroundings. Brown tree trunks sprouted into green, diamond shaped and five-pointed leaves above me. The surface I was on was light brown dirt, with soft green grass growing from it. The air here was a lot warmer than at home, and almost thicker.

"Where the hell am I?" I muttered to myself. I don't know what planet I landed on, or how the hell I was lucky enough to land on one that supported life.

Could this be what I saw on the scanner?

No, no, it couldn't be. I was over two hundred light years away when I was sucked through that black hole...

Suddenly, I heard a voice off to my left.

"I think it was over here!"

With my good foot, I stood up and quickly switched to what is my less threatening form, as to not scare whoever was coming. Or that was my logic. If it was something threatening, I'll just change back.

"Dude, there's no way whatever it was didn't burn up before it hit the ground. Looked like it came from space or something."

I looked to the tree behind me. It was fairly short, but it'll do. I clutched the bark and pulled myself up until I was crouched on a thick, strong branch.

I heard rustling as what sounded like two lifeforms entered the clearing. I peeked through the branches, curious.

Not sure what they were, but they looked a lot like my current form. One of them was wearing some sort of blue, fluffy, one-piece outfit with round, derpy eyes that faced different directions on the hood. Some sort of animal maybe. The other one was wearing an orange and white long sleeved shirt with a hood. The hood had a little face on the top, as well as ears of some kind. Blond hair partially swept over some kind of shiny black eye covering. He was also much taller than the blue-fur guy.

The covered-eyes guy looked around the clearing. "Maybe we scared off a nesting deer."

The blue-fur guy sighed. "Well, if you're not gonna help me look around, Blaza, you can go back. I'm gonna keep searching."

"Fine by me," the guy apparently named Blaza retorted. He turned around and headed back through the green forest.

Blue-fur guy walked over to the tree I was hiding in. He knelt down to where I had been laying for who knows how long since I crashed, putting his hand next to where a pool of blood, presumably from the cut on my forehead, still sat. His head tilted, and he looked up. His curious blue eyes darted around, searching for any clues. Or me.

His eyes met mine. "I can see you, you know. The orange doesn't really blend with the leaves well."

Bint.

He stood up, still looking at me. "Come on down, I won't hurt you."

I sighed, and slowly made my way down the tree. This was harder without wings, and with one leg, but I couldn't show my true form yet. This looks like the kind of creature that wouldn't take kindly to a six foot demon hybrid.

I winced as I landed, accidentally putting pressure on my broken ankle. The blue-fur guy noticed, and his eyes filled with worry.

"You're injured," he pointed out, "Here, I'll take you to MedBay. My stuff's there, I can help. What's your name?"

I remained silent, still not sure if I could trust this guy.

He tilted his head. "Do you... not know English or something?"

English? Well, I don't know what that is, but I can understand him fine. I shrugged, really not sure what he meant.

"You can trust me," he said. He took a step forwards. I took a half step back, slightly alarmed by his sudden approach.

He sighed. "Alright. It's fine. Just... please come with me. I want to make sure that ankle gets fixed."

I thought for a moment before slowly nodding. This guy didn't seem like much of a threat.

"I'm Meme, by the way," he said, smiling. He held out his hand for me to shake. "You don't have to tell me who you are yet, but if you could at some point that'd be great."

I nervously returned the gesture, smiling timidly. "C-call me Socks."

"Nice to meet you, Socks," Meme replied. "Come on, let's go."

I started to follow him, but was stopped by a splitting headache that seemed to bring pain throughout my whole body. I clenched my teeth and put my hand on my forehead, grimacing from the pain. I could hear Meme's voice, but it was distant.

As the pain increased, I fell to my knees, muttering a curse under my breath before the surroundings faded to black.

——

(Meme PoV)

I watched as Socks suddenly fell, unconscious. I immediately ran over to feel his pulse. If the thing I saw falling from the sky was him, it's a wonder he's still even alive.

I put my fingers to his throat, and sighed in relief as I felt a slow, but steady pulse. Good, he's still alive.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I clicked on Blaza's contact and hoped he would pick up. Thankfully, he picked up after one or two rings.

"Hello?"

I sighed. "Thank god. Blaza, I need your help. Come back to the clearing."

"You found something?"

"I found someone."

"What- who is it?"

I don't know, but he said his name was Socks. And then he passed out, and I have to take a look at him at MedBay. So please, come help me take him there."

"Alright."

The phone beeped as Blaza hung up.

——

It wasn't long before Blaza arrived.

He pushed through the undergrowth, stopping midstep when he saw Sock's unconscious form on the ground.

"Woah... okay, then," Blaza stated simply, "You... you did find someone."

"Come on, help me take him to MedBay," I urged, "He's not in a great condition right now."

Blaza looked at Socks once more before nodding, and helping Meme to pick up the unconscious newcomer from the ground.

------------

:D

1102 words