Chapter 19: Time you knew

Start from the beginning

I gaped at them as they scuttled off, leaving me alone with tall, dark and handsome. Traitors.

“I was starting to wonder, if you just lied to Aaron about coming here” Nick admitted, making my heated glare at their retreating form’s disappear instantly.

I chuckled nervously and awkwardly “Yeah well I’m here now”

He grinned “I can see that. Did I mention the fact that you look extremely beautiful tonight?”

My eyes widened and I began choking on thin air, clamping a hand to my chest as oxygen finally was welcomed into my lungs.

I smiled shyly at him, ducking my head so my hair cascade over my face to hide my crimson cheeks “No, you didn’t. But err, thanks”

He sniggered and slung an arm over my shoulder with a devious smirk “Come on Little Rebel, let’s get you a drink”

I smiled “Oh sure, fanta please!” I chirped.   

He froze and stopped weaving us through the crowds, of drunken obnoxious teens grinding against anyone in a ten mile radios. He rolled his eyes at me with a teasing glint in his lustrous eyes “I was thinking more along the lines of alcohol”

I chuckled nervously again and smoothed out my dress “I dunno …” I trailed off.

“Come one, what better time than now is there to complete another thing off that bucket list of yours. Plus you’ve got to live a little, y’known loosen up a bit” Nick tried to encourage me.

I nibbled on my lip nervously before a wide smile graced my lips. Why not? It was about time I had a little more fun. “Fine, but just a few” I agreed.

Or that’s what I envisioned myself doing, but it turns out that didn’t quiet go to plan. Because I when I came tonight I certainly didn’t expect to be standing on the table with Nick and Aaron belting out the lyrics to ‘Hot in here’ with a group of juvenile teens cheering as if we were stripping.

I giggled and wrapped my arms around both of their waist , while swaying my hips and slurred the words to song. Nick suddenly stared down at me with a look I couldn’t decipher, but either way I grinned right back at him.

Suddenly Aaron accidently fell off the table into a group of giggling girls who wear dressed like real hookers. They all gasped and giggled like crazy, pawing at his chest and biceps like savage animals.

Suddenly I staggered over to Nick and grabbed his shirt pulling him towards me “Hey Nick, Nick watch this” I gushed. He offered me a lob sided smirk as I shifted towards the edge of the table.    

“To the front door” I exclaimed and then laughed as I jumped into the sea of people. They all laughed and cheered as I crowd surfaced, along the waves giggling teens, mercilessly. I heard Nick whoop whoop from behind me.

Some guy I slightly recognised from the basketball team gingerly set me on my feet with an adorable smile. I stroked his chest and winked “Thanks” I chirped and then skipped outside.

I saw Jester, Kenzi, Reece and Ethan all standing out in the front yard laughing and swaying a little. I gasped and ran the best I could in heels towards Ethan’s back “Yeehaa” I screeched jumping on his back.

Ethan screamed and feel over face first, I toppled off of his body and onto the wet grass. I groaned and scrunched my nose up “Stupid pony. What kind of a horse are you?” I asked appalled.

Everyone began laughing and familiar hands suddenly wrapped around my waist making me blush even when I’m intoxicated. I pretended to swoon “Well hello there handsome” I winked, using a thick British accent.