42. Reminiscing births of miracles!(I) - Chiku

Start from the beginning

Still, sometimes, they would not realize something and then some one from the family would be there to ensure nothing untoward happened. Like, once Khushi reached out for a bowl of fruit salad but mami stopped her, "Stop Khushi Bitiya, what are you doing? It has papaya!"

Arnav used to feel bad that she had to give up on so much for their baby! And he decided he would follow the same diet restrictions too!!!

The one fruit which was allowed in controlled quantity and she had suddenly developed a fetish for, was Chiku (sapodilla)!!!

Payal-Akash's baby girl, who was named Piya, ensured Khushi's mood always stayed cheerful!

--*--

The second trimester

Now they could clearly see Khushi's mood swings! Hell, whole of AR felt it!!! It was not an everyday sight after all too see ASR leave the office in between a work-day! One call from Khushi demanding to eat some exotic dish or go watch a movie and Arnav would excuse himself to go to her. Once when a client asked him about it and even taunted saying he had never seen any husband take so many tantrums of his pregnant wife and Arnav smilingly replied, "she is carrying our baby all alone for 9 months, the least I can do is be with her when needs me."

This was also the time when Khushi started showing strong repulsion to some tastes and smells, like she couldn't stand the smell of oil, the smell of spices and horrific to her was she couldn't stand Pani puri too!

Thankfully baby seemed to be ok with sweets and fruits, including chiku! Small mercies! In fact, baby liked chocolates! Once Arnav had gotten her a box of chocolates which she finished in one seating and since then, everyday she wanted chocolates! Arnav even joked that when their baby was a little older, he or she would have to hide chocolates from his/her mamma!!!

--*--

They first felt baby's movement in her 6th month! A week before that Khushi actually had started feeling something like butterflies fluttering in her tummy but it was so fleeting that she was sure Arnav wouldn't feel it from the outside. So she didn't tell him but used to keep lovingly caressing her tummy, 'what is it, Chiku?' she would ask, already calling the baby by a nickname! 

And finally one night, when they were watching a movie in their room, she felt a solid kick! 

"Ouch" she shrieked and Arnav immediately sat up with a jerk

"What is it?" He asked, worried.

She didn't say anything, but wordlessly kept his hand on her tummy. And there! their baby kicked again!

Arnav peppered innumerable kisses on her tummy where he felt the kick, all the while uttering 'I love you so so much' while khushi kept smiling through tears.

And then it became a regular thing. Chiku used to enjoy when Khushi watched any movies! He kicked every time she watched movies. Much to Arnav's happiness, the baby liked English movies too as much as Bollywood movies and would give same enthusiastic response! 

--*--

Third trimester

In her 7th month, they decided to arrange godh bharai (baby shower), traditionally done either in 7th or 9th month and is only done for the first pregnancy! So they decided to do it in 7th month itself, to avoid any last minute hassle like they did with Payal too!

The gathered crowd and select members from the media watched with awe, as a glowing and very pregnant Khushi Singh Raizada descended the staircase with Arnav holding her hand! They looked like a match made in heaven, no kidding!

Amongst the invitees, were also their relatives from Lucknow and Delhi. Some of the ladies started singing traditional godh bharai songs as they blessed Khushi.

'Tere sapno ka sansar sawarne wala hain, Suna hain aasman se chaand utarne wala hain (we have heard, the Moon is going to be born in this house!)'

Arnav and Khushi who were seated at the center of the hall, both beamed with happiness hearing all beautiful words for their baby! One of the ladies who had come to bless Khushi, looked at her tummy and told her, "Bitiya, you are going to have a son." making all Raizadas gasp in surprise. Apparently this old lady could tell baby's gender from the shape and size of pregnant belly! Not to forget Khushi had put on a lot of weight too!!!

"Ladka ho ya ladki, bass swasth baccha ho" nani lovingly replied, however they all were almost sure it would be a girl! After all, all Raizada first born were girls - Ratna, Anjali and now Payal's baby, Piya were proofs!

--*--

Baby likes Helicopter rides!

Come her 9th month, the baby started becoming most active in night making her restless. No matter how much Arnav and Khushi talked to her tummy, the baby wouldn't go to sleep neither let them sleep! And Arnav would take her on long drives around Delhi. The baby enjoyed driving around in Arnav's SUV and would finally go to sleep during that time!

But most surprising thing was, when one day out of nowhere Khushi demanded, they go on a chopper ride! Arnav talked to their doctor who confirmed it was ok for a few minutes, so Arnav hesitantly agreed to fulfil her crazy demand and sure enough, the baby LOVED the helicopter rides!!! The whole 20 minutes, the baby was literally kicking all the way!!

Then there was another time when Chiku (the baby) was most active was when Khushi spent time with baby-Piya! He used to love when they had Piya playing around! Her amma used to wipe her tears feeling overjoyed that her grandchildren shared same strong bond as their mothers, right from infancy!

Khushi's tentative date of delivery was now a week away and everyone was waiting with baited breath! They had not decided any names as that was their least of worries in these 9 months. In any case, Khushi was already calling her baby, Chiku, due to her constant liking for that fruit all through 9 months! The previous slim-figured Khushi was now transformed into a healthier her, thanks to all the ghee and dry fruits infused diet she had!

The nearer they were to the date, the more impatient Arnav and Khushi became. Khushi in fact had started a countdown! While Arnav didn't tell her, he too was doing the same thing secretly. He, in fact was coaxing the baby to come out soon so he could hold her/him!!

"Come soon baby, I can't wait to meet you!" Arnav spoke to her belly as she slept and kissed softly, earning a kick from inside! 

Chiku was equally eager to meet his parents, after all!!!

--*--

A/N - how was it? *bites nails in nervousness* I had so much to fit in one chapter and I hope it came out ok. Next one is Chiku's birth and a few moments of his infancy. After that, I'll do similar chapters for twins' and then we move back to present! phew!

p.s. the lyrics I used are from the songs 'sapna jahan (my absolute fav)' and 'tere sapno ka sansar (from yrkkh's godh bharai song)'

p.p.s. the helicopter ride thing - I checked that it was safe but in any case I am not a doctor or ob/gyn so pls check with your doctors if you plan to go on an air travel while pregnant :P