Paul was an experienced chef, most of Kimmy's memories of Paul is him standing in front of the oven cooking. The house always smells of something delicious that Paul had made. He knew that Kimmy found it difficult to call Paul, Dad but it made it easier for her not to be so connected with anyone, in case they left her alone. Again.

Kimmy pulled the box towards her slowly, she tuggedat the white silk ribbon, before lifting the lid off. Inside the box laid agold Chinese dragon locket, with rubies for eyes. As soon as Kimmy touched it,heat flooded through her whole body, it made her feel more alive. It boiled herblood, causing her to gasp out silently, her body told her to drop the locket,but she never did. She felt a strong connection to this locket, like she hadworn or seen it before. But she knew that wasn't true, she was just beingsilly. "It's beautiful, thank you. I'm just sad that I can't thank them myself.Anyway, Paul I've got to get to school, see you later," Kimmy thanked him asshe ran to the door,placing the locket in her jacket pocket. Paul tried to turn around and say goodbye, but Kimmy was already out of the door. A sigh rippled through Paul, his emerald eyes had tears in them, today was difficult for him as well. Kimmy knew after receiving her present, that she couldn't stomach any more food, she felt bad after all the trouble he had gone for her today. But she couldn't dwell upon that much longer, she had to survive school.

The melon yellow school bus pulled up outside her house. The bus was full of noise and chatter, until they notice that Kimmy had gotten on, then it all went quiet. Kimmy settled down at the back of the school bus in the corner. She placed her headphones in, turned up the volume on her rock music, as they embarked on their journey to school. Half an hour later the bus choked to a stop at Holeway Junior and High School, the best school that Denver can offer apparently. The buildings were a light sandy brown colour, with a gate separating the different blocks for the junior and high school students. There was a creative block, with music rooms and an art studio. A giant sports field and hall. There was a science block, an English and maths block. This school allowed every single student to achieve their dream job, and even get a head start on some college courses. Kimmy knew what she wanted to do, she wanted to go into the musical career. She always loved singing and acting at the same time, but she wanted that career far away from Denver. At least then no one would know who she was, and she could have a fresh start.Everyone scampered off the bus leaving Kimmy to get off the bus alone. The rain had got thicker since Kimmy got on the bus. She quickly ran to the nearest building to avoid her from getting even more soaked. After she gathered her thoughts she decided to make a move to her first lesson of the day, maths. As soon as everyone was inside the building, the rain storm suddenly stopped, and the sun finally came out. A figure was floating just above the clouds, watching everyone within the High School, before disappearing. As soon as the figure disappeared the storm continued once more.

As soon as the first warning bell for lessons sounded, Kimmy had settled down in her normal seat, next to the window in the middle row. Her thoughts began to wonder, and once again she was staring out of the window. She wanted to leave this place, to find a better place to live, to feel alive again. She needed to get away from the place that held too many bad memories. She pulled out her notebook, and starting drawing a dragon. It was the same thing she had been drawing for the last six months, she felt a strange feeling of connection to this creature, but not sure why. A few of the other students had also taken their seats, far away from Kimmy though. Everyone else in the class was in a discussion, about something new. Nothing new every happened within this school, which was unusual.

"Did you see him Laura?" a red-head girl calledCarol asked. "Yes, well I only got a glance of him. I've decided he's going tobe mine though," Laura excitedlyadmitted. "Well you better get in there before Molly sees him. Otherwise you will be up against her, and you know you don't want to do that," Carol warned her.