An Interesting Case

An Interesting Case

3rd POV:

Within the Witches' Prison under the Grand Witch's castle, a guard sleeps soundly, his drink has been spiked, and Eruka sneaks past in her frog form. "Looks fast asleep," She mutters and hops down the hallway towards the end cell.

"Who is it? Who's there?" Prisoner 13 questions, sniffing the air, sensing her getting close.

"I-I was sent here by someone to break you out of here," She replies, holding the key in her mouth. "I'm going to let you out now."

"Who do you take me for? Do you think I would accept the help of others?" He asks her, and she gulps in fright.

-CHAPTER FIVE-

Eruka hops in front of the hopping Prisoner 13 as they escape the Grand Witch's castle with some ease. "Thank you!" He yells as he jumps behind her.

"Don't mention it!" She replies.

"It was an easy matter to give the Witches chasing us the slip. But still, I went to prison. Do you know why?" He asks her at the worst time.

"Never mind, why hurry! They'll be coming after us!" She snaps, wanting to get away as quickly as possible.

"You see the scene a lot in the movies, right? Using a spoon to steadily dig through the prison wall every day, making a tunnel, and escaping! It was so cool how low-key they were! Yes, I wanted to try it, too! But the only utensils they had there were chopsticks! I completely blew it! I tried to think of other ways out, but then I realised something. I'm not an idea, man!" Prisoner 13 tells her.

"Not that it matters now, but you could have urinated on the iron bars and gradually corroded them away, right?" Eruka questions, upsetting the man, coming to a stop and smacking his head hard on the side of a tree.

"Goddamn! Sh!t! I could have done that?!" He cries in anguish.

"Hurry!" The Frog Witch shouts, trying to get him moving again. "They'll be coming after us! If they surround us while your hands and feet are in shackles -" She spots the prison guards surrounding them, and the prisoner stops his assault on himself, sensing the guards.

"Watch yourself. There's someone nearby," The man warns the Witch.

"I know that!" She snaps at him.

"Prisoner number 13, The Man with the Magic Eye, resist, and we will show you no mercy!" The guard warns him, all of them pointing their weapons at the prisoner.

"You have been keeping watch over me for 200 years, right? You think I'm just going to let myself be caught without a fight? Yeah, I'll resist you," Prisoner 13 replies with a smirk and the guards strike him through the head, making the little frog shriek.

"Magic Eye! H-Hold on!" Eruka cries. "If I don't bring you out of here, I'll be killed, too!" The Man with the Magic Eye groans, alerting the others, who look at him as he snaps down on the metal pole running through his mouth, scaring the others.

"Hey, it will take more than that to kill me. After all, I'm...." Prisoner 13 growls.

"Damn it!" One of the guards snaps, taking out a flamethrower.

"No, you fool!" Another guard yells, but it's too late; as they pull the trigger, a torrent of flames flows towards the prisoner, engulfing him in a fire. Then, the fire disappears with clouds of smoke, hiding the former prisoner.

"The Old Witch didn't just keep me alive to lock me up. She couldn't kill me," He smirks, his shackles falling to the floor, freeing him. "The reason why is because I am...." He pulls off the blindfold, revealing his mismatching eyes. "...immortal." The guards and Erulke scream as he attacks the guards with malice.