Chapter 20

Small (Y/n) happily ate some popcorn, while sitting on Toji's lap watching some horses race each other. "Come on, big bucks" Toji muttered as he clenched his ticket. Currently, they're at another horse race, with Toji betting on a horse that'll most likely lose. Did little (Y/n) care? Not one bit, he has popcorn so he's as happy as can be.

Unknown to (Y/n), Toji had taken an offer in Tokyo, thus the reason why he's here with the older male in Tokyo. "I was wondering where you went off to. What are you doing here?" A male asked as he approached them, thus gaining (Y/n)'s attention. "Calm yourself, he's a client," Toji said as he placed a hand on (Y/n)'s head, knowing if he didn't do so the little guy would've killed the client.

"I didn't know you had a child, is it alright to have him around?" The male asked in slight worry. "He's fine, he's actually quite useful. Now, with your first question, I'm making money" Toji explained while showing his ticket. "I've never seen you win before" the male pointed out, earning a snicker from (Y/n).

"Shush or else I won't share my money with you, brat" Toji lightly threatened but effectively silenced the child. "What's going on with work?" The male asked, thus finally gaining a glance from Toji. "Man! You're annoying, treating me like a jobless bum" Toji complained, sounding offended.

"Well, you are jobless, as a mediator I have to give the client a progress report" the male explained as he took a seat next to Toji. "We're talking about the Gojo family's boy here, can't just nonchalantly walk in, unlike (Y/n) here. I'm gonna use those idiots first, to wear him down a bit" Toji explained not caring that (Y/n) listened in.

"You didn't tell me you're on another mission, why am I being sent to Sendai?" (Y/n) asked in confusion. "Sh, grownups are talking" Toji silenced, effortlessly avoiding the question. "I can't help noticing you're not working" Toji pointed out, turning the question back at the male.

"I did you, idiot, Whaddaya think you're doing, giving up all that money we gave you?" The male asked with a scowl. "That's what I mean by wear down. Don't worry, we'll get a return on that money. Just like this race here" Toji said confidently while waving his ticket at the male.

On cue, the race had finished with Toji looking less than happy. Instantly, Toji scrunched the ticket in his hand, pissed that he just lost. "Going for a quick buck doesn't suit you," the male said as he got up. "Don't worry! I also got a ticket" (Y/n) announced as he showed the ticket to Toji. When the older male scanned it, his features brightened, now giving (Y/n) well-deserved head rubs.

"Man, kiddo, you're one lucky little munchkin," Toji said while smiling down at the kid. The male watched with disappointment, shaking his head at the scene. "Oh, right... How's Megumi doing?" The male asked in curiosity, which earned a brief silence from Toji. "Who's that again?" Toji asked, giving no indication of knowing the kid.

Once the male had left, Toji had gently let (Y/n) down, allowing himself to stand. "Alright kiddo, we must part ways, don't die," Toji said as he ruffled the male's hair before departing. Watching Toji's figure vanish, (Y/n) took out a mask and placed it on his face, vanishing from his spot. 

~~~ 

(Y/n) stared down at the puddle of blood, knowing for certain it was Toji, as it's in the exact spot his job was at. Yet, there was no corpse, just a giant hole in the building. Maybe it's fortunate he got taken in by an elderly male and his grandson, now left to be an orphan.

"Well, what do we have here? What're you doing here kid?" Someone spoke from behind him, instantly gaining his attention. Without hesitation, (Y/n) jumped away from the stranger, now holding out some weapons for self-defense. "Who are you?" (Y/n) asked, now on high alert, not afraid to knock the stranger down to flee.

"Calm down, I'm not here to hurt you, I'm Suguru Geto" Geto introduced himself with a smile. That's when (Y/n) noticed the very notable curse. "That's... That's not yours, Mr." (Y/n) said in a threatening tone, which earned a shocked look from the older male. "Oh? And how did you know that?" Geto asked in mild curiosity.

"That belongs to my guardian, please give it back" (Y/n) ordered, now getting into a fighting stance. Mulling over the information, Geto realized that (Y/n) might be one of Toji's kids that he didn't know about. "How about this, you'll join me, and you get the curse" Geto suggested with a smile.

"Fine" (Y/n) spoke without hesitation, having nothing to lose. As promised, Geto transferred the curse to (Y/n), which immediately wrapped around him. "Come, I'll introduce you to the others," Geto said with a gesture of his hand while summoning a curse that can fly. Thus, allowing them both to head to the hideout that Geto created.

~~~

Staring at two males, around the same age as he is, fighting curses seemed boring. From what he heard, their names are Toge Inumake and Yuta Okkotsu. He had recently turned 14, thus as a gift, he got to watch the chaos unfold below him, with Geto having the time of his life.

As per ordered, he had set down a veil over the one the sorcerers made, knowing it cannot be sensed. He was also forced to sit next to Geto, with an arm slung over his shoulder. Recently, he noticed Geto getting more and more creepy as he got older. Making him regret leaving Yuji on his own just to go on secret missions with someone like Geto.

"Okkaka!!" Toge announced having realized the veil hasn't risen. "What's up? Huh? It's true, the veil won't rise" Yuta said with a confused expression, somehow translating what Toge said. "We can't leave like this" Yuta pointed out, only to go silent as Geto summoned a curse behind them.

"Zonba," the curse said as it rose its hand, sending a light beam down at the duo. Thinking quickly, Toge pushed Yuta out of the way and attacked the curse back with his curse speech. Due to Toge's ability, they're forced to make a run for it, now hiding from the curse. Thus, leaving behind a pack of cough drops in front of the curse.

"Why am I here? I thought you said there's a gift" (Y/n) said with a blank look, showcasing his boredom. "Oh, right, right, here," Geto said as he held out a bag towards (Y/n). The younger male took the bag, and looked through it, instantly spotting his favorite foods. Without hesitation, he started snacking on the food, ignoring the chaos down below. Unknown to him, Geto stared at him lovingly, happy to watch (Y/n) munch on the gift.

He was so distracted he almost missed seeing the curse getting exorcised by the two sorcerers. "Shame... I wanted to see the famous Rika" Geto said in slight disappointment, earning a confused hum from (Y/n). "Let's head back, I got more of those waiting for you," Geto said as he got up, while (Y/n) perked up. As the saying goes, food is key to the heart. As promised, once they had made it back, (Y/n) got more of his favorite foods.

~~~

He stared down at the corpse, who used to be his client, obviously no longer alive. Geto no longer had his right arm and stabbed through the heart. In all honesty, (Y/n) was glad Geto had died, as he started to get uncomfortable around him. He won't go into detail, but let's just say he rather not meet Geto again anytime soon.

"You're suicidal, thinking you can infiltrate a Jujutsu School with no intent on killing. Though, I must thank you for training me to some extent" (Y/n) spoke, knowing the corpse can't respond. Knowing he has little time to stay around, he decided to head back to Sendai, knowing Yuji is waiting for him.