End

Caera POV

After a while of crying and talking I managed to calm down and my mentor was still there with me in case I need comfort. I wanted to hate her but she's done so much for me and endured more than me I had no right to hate her. I let out a weak smile and hugged my mentor before I had to fix my appearance so I could escort her out of the estate.

"Caera you can always visit my palace if you need to let out or talk" She told me

I nodded and after a while my face was normal and we went out of the training room. I escorted Scythe Seris until we arrived at the front gate where the guards opened the gate and Scythe Seris said goodbye then left.

"Why Grey? Why is it you? Why not anyone else?"

"I've missed you"

I suppressed my tears and went back to my room where I told my maid Nessa to let me be alone and after she left I went to my bath tub and slumped there letting out my tears.

"What is this pain"

"It hurts so so much"

As my tears drip down to the water at my bath I began to recall precious memories I've made with Grey in the Relictombs, it pained me more remembering him. I wanted to forget about him but I couldn't. I still want him. I need him.

Do I have a chance? What am I thinking he has Scythe Seris I slapped myself trying to gain back my common sense. I can't have him I know but it still hurts.

Grey POV

I returned to Seris' palace and sat down at the kitchen trying to figure out something to do. I borrowed some of Seris' reports regarding Dicathen and it wasn't looking pretty of how Agrona had decided to find the sanctuary. The map was filled with his forces on search groups. I should probably go back tonight and kill most of them. I took some wine out of the cabinet and poured it into a glass.

I should probably tell her I'm going. I could only imagine how pissed she'll be if I leave without a word like I've done before. I red a few reports of Dicathen and some books while I waited for her. A few hours had passed and I heard the door open. I stood up to go to the kitchen and she was there drinking but she looked stressed and not so good. I approached her and placed my hand on her shoulder to get no response.

I got behind her and rested my hands on both her shoulder while I rested my head on top of hers her horns in front of me.

"What's troubling you?" I asked in a soothing voice

"Nothing just a little complication" She replied

"I doubt a little complication would make you feel like this" I said

"It's about Caera" She told me

"Did something happen to her" I tensed up

"Yes" She replied

"What happened?" I asked

"She had a crush on you Grey and now her heart is broken" She said

"Wait since when?" I asked

"Ever since your second ascent according to what she told me" She replied

"Did she take it well?" I asked

"No she didn't Grey She cried on my shoulder for nearly an hour" She said

"Was it a bad idea to show up together?" I asked

"No this was the best scenario. If we hid her in the dark she might kiss you because she didn't know of our relationship" She sighed

"But it hurts me to see her so hurt" She said as tears began to drop