xvi. crowds

┓
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
crowds
{🐊}

                         ┕

KALANI HATED being asked if she was Spider-Man's girlfriend. Especially by people she hadn't even seen before. That's who she was to the world 'Spider-Man's girlfriend' or 'the one that helped him kill Mysterio'.

"Oh god- this is bad" Kalani groaned, Peter started changing out of his suit in front of her.

"I don't know what to do" He cried, Kalani placed both her hands on his cheeks "We'll figure this out"

At that very moment, the door to Peters room flung open and Happy stood at the door along with Peters aunt May.

"Oh my god" "this is not what it looks like"

Happy covered his eyes quickly "I didn't see anything- I didn't see anything"

"May this isn't what it looks like" Peter tried

Kalani stumbled "we're not having sex I promise"

"Practice safe sex!" May cried going to close the door.

"No- No no no"

Before closing the door May turned towards the pair "you must be Kalani" the older women brought her into a hug "Peter won't stop talking about you"

"Oh course he won't— it's so nice to meet you" Kalani shook the women's hand.

"Are you crying?" Peter questioned, the group looked towards Happy- who was indeed letting go of some tears.

"We broke up"

"You two were a thing?" Kalani couldn't help but question.

"Oh"

"Hey Spider-Man!" A voice came from outside.

Peter quickly turned to the window shutting it with his webs and pulled the blinds down. Kalani handed him a white shirt quickly that she found on his bed.

"I didn't know you guys broke up- I thought you were in love May" Peter grabbed ahold of his aunt dragging her out of his room away from the crowd that was forming around his window.

"We didn't have time" Happy explained as Kalani followed the Parkers, closing the door behind her.

"I thought you guys were such an handsome couple"

"You know, it's really about boundaries" May told the young boy "I'm going to get the door"

Peter turned her away while Kalani ran to the front door, where a man stood with a mean smile "hey is it true"

"That your mother and I are together? Yes" Kalani told him shutting and locking the entrance to the apartment.

The brown haired girl walked back into the living room trying to hide all contact the citizens had with Peter.

"Why are you so awkward about sex Peter"

The crowd was only getting larger by the second, they became more loud and more known to the people inside the apartment.

"What's that sound" Happy pointed out.

Peter shut another window with his webs. "Hey Spider-Man"

The news slowly played on the tv as Happy tried to rekindle his relationship with May. Kalani and Peter still ran around the apartment closing all windows and blinds.

Peter grabbed their phones "Can I just talk to yous for five minutes about your relationship okay?"

"Peter?" Kalani's face held nothing but terror as she pointed towards the tv screen.

'Spider-Man's identity revealed' A subtitle read as helicopters surrounded the Parkers apartment complex.

"Is that here"

Peter was at a lost for words "um." He slowly walked over to the closest window and showed the two adults what exactly was happening outside.

Seven helicopters flew around them, and hundreds of civilians crowded around the tiny building.

"I mean, maybe it's not such a big deal"