Chapter 1 Meetings of Fate

-13900 words

With nervous excitement, I was walking toward the gates of the twilight manor. The home of Loki Familia, one of the strongest familia's in the world. My dream was to always become a hero like stories my grandpa read to me before he died. My first step was to become an adventurer and gain a god's blessing so I could survive in the dungeon. Just gaining a blessing without any training; could make you stronger than even the most seasoned warriors without a blessing.

After spending half of my savings just to get into the city. A very nice city guard named Hashana helped me with filling out applications. Even using magic stone powered devices to take my photo and make copies.

However, over the last week, I had been unsuccessfully applying to nearly every single familia in Orario. I was thrown out immediately without even seeing a god. Some familias wanted money, servants or you to drink a weird liquid. The only god I met face to face, made my skin crawl in fear, as I realized what he wanted to do to me. Thankfully I was able to get out of their manor without an incident.

I didn't want to give up my pride or my dream and continued to live out of a hotel; draining my pockets and mental state facing constant rejection.

After ten minutes of talking with the guards outside the manor, I was finally able to convince one of them to get their captain. The whole time I felt a weird sensation of danger coming from a grey-haired werewolf lounging by a tree. When the werewolf saw the one guard going inside. He jumped up instantly and knocked him down and stormed the gate.

"What do you want kid?" The anger in the wolf's eyes was palpable.

"Um, hello. My name is Bell. I was hoping to talk to your captain or goddess about becoming an adventurer."

"Why would we accept somebody as weak as you. Get away from my familia brat. A weakling like you will only get yourself or somebody else killed. Go home and find your momma." The wolf glared with a smirk on his face as he seen the kid's eyes glaze over.

"C-c-can I at least try to prove myself? It's always been my dream."

"I said no kid. Get away!"

"Please!" I begged holding out my application. "All I ask is five minutes."

The werewolf snatches the application from my hands and rips it in two. Then grabs me by the collar of my shirt.

"NO!" He barred his fangs and tosses the kid across the street.

"Ehhhhh...ahhhh." I gripped my sore shoulder, wincing in pain from the impact. Tears fall to the ground in front of me, before I stumbled to my feet. Anything to put distance between myself and the crazy werewolf before he kills me.

A long green-haired woman stares out from the windows of the Library. Long pointed ears identified her as an elf, and the robes of royalty obscured her womanly body.

"Lady Riveria is everything okay?" A blond elf sitting across from her; looked up from her book. She was concerned by the anger contorting her princess's flawless facial features.

Riveria noticed Bete's attack on a young boy. She saw a white-headed blur run around the corner. "No Alicia. That wolf just pissed me off." Before Alicia could respond, Riveria bolted out of the library in order to confront Bete and find the kid.

Within a minute, she was running out to the courtyard to meet the laughing werewolf. "Dam it Bete! What have you done now?!"

"Just taking out the trash. That weak-ass boy had no right coming to our doorstep." Bete chuckled.

"How would you know mutt? You started off weak just like anybody else."

"Shut the hell up you old hag. The weak will always be weak."