Chapter 4 Monsterphilia Part 1

Note: The anime version of the silverback is not correct. It's not 20-30 feet tall. It's only 8-10 feet tall and didn't have a chest piece.

Riveria uniform Memoria Freese, Astraea Record, 3rd Anniversary

The elven knives look like Aragorn's hunting knife from LOTR.

(Day 5)

*Knock! Knock! Knock!*

"Zzzzzzzzz. No Riveria don't get the door! Zzzzzzzzz!"

*Knock! Knock! Knock!*

"Huh." The pounding at the basement door persisted. Finally, I stirred from my dream of being an elf king. The harem of beautiful elven maidens led by the jade-haired elf goddess dissolved into nothingness.

"Huuuuuuu." Cruel reality sank back in as I stirred from the couch. I reached to the air and yawned with half-closed eyes. "Yaaaaa..... one minute."

"Uggh, what time is it?" My eyes gazed toward the magical clock on the table. "330am. Geez." I rubbed my eyes and stand up from the uncomfortable sofa.

"Who is it?" I called out while walking over to the door.

"Bell it's Miach, please open up. I need help."

I opened the door to see the blue-haired god Miach. Lord Miach's familia is small like ours and we have become friends. Lord Miach owns the blue pharmacy near the western wall.

"G-good morning Lord Miach huuuuuyyaaaaa, how may I help y-?" My tired voice was cut off seeing goddess Hestia slumped against his shoulder half unconscious.

"Could you help me carry her to the bedroom? She has been squirming around so much, that I have been having difficulty getting her back here."

"Yes, Lord Miach." I bent down to pick up goddess and carried her to the bedroom. Miach helped me lay her down on the bed and make her comfortable.

"I love you, Bell! Bell, Bell, Bell don't leave me." In her drunken delirious state, she shouted out randomly reaching toward the air.

My fingers were pinched over my nose because of a drunken smell and I dodged her arms. "I am so sorry Lord Miach. I hope she wasn't an inconvenience for you."

"She was a bit of a handful. She racked up a tab of about 6,000 valis." Miach faked a smile to play off the small sum of money.

"I can pay her tab." I lowered myself into a bow.

"It's fine! Hestia can pay me back with her work funds." Miach patted Bell's head until he stood up. "You're probably low on valis as is Bell."

"I did buy some new weapons and I was gonna get some new armor tomorrow after the festival."

"I would rather have you better protected for the dungeon. Whenever you get some extra valis; why don't you stop by the blue pharmacy? I know Naaza values your patronage."

"Lord Miach I will when I am able. Currently, I am forbidden from going into the dungeon."

Hestia cried out from the bedroom. "Bell, you cheater! Bell."

"I need to get home. Naaza will be worried sick about me."

"Lord Miach, I can escort you home."

"That's not necessary Bell."

"It's no problem. I don't think I will be able to get back to sleep. Give me a reason to start my morning run. I can also vouch for you if Miss Naaza is worried."

"Alright Bell, guess that would be helpful." Lord Miach waited until Bell found his running shoes and exited the church soon after. The streets were still illuminated by the magic lampposts.