glue doesnt fix fine china.

An entire week had passed since the conversation that wrecked Oakley's world, and he was still stuck in his pit of self-loathing

An entire week had passed since the conversation that wrecked Oakley's world, and he was still stuck in his pit of self-loathing. Instead of Michaela coming to coax him out of bed with the cold teas and the silly little self-care things she'd make him do it was Marvin who came. It was Marvin who had to come
and pick up all of his broken pieces, stick him back together like a puzzle with no parts that matched. He asked the boy if he had any other friends who would come and make him get up like he and Kayla always did but he received nothing but a shrug. Though he was sure he caught a glare out of the corner of his eyes that said 'you should know by now'. And the glare would be absolutely right in saying it, he should've known. If there truly was anybody else he would've crossed paths with them by now or at least heard their name. He questioned whether Harrison had ever done this, and Oakley had put up two fingers with little effort to define as much but he got the message. Harrison was never actually around these days; back in the day he would trek to London most weekends but now he just resided in Manchester, his home.

The first time he'd ever had to assist Oakley was after one of his infamous parties. Though it was probably a few days later, he was stuck in a rut for a while after it. One of the pair's mutual friends had coerced him into taking pills even though Michaela had made him swear them off. They had turned out to be a funny batch and he was ill for a day or two then hit with an extreme low. Normally Oakley would have texted Harrison the next morning and thanked him for the night out, but once he didn't receive the message after two days the man grew worried, deciding to check on him. He arrived at the man's flat, using the spare key from under the mat Michaela had told him about to get in. Oakley hadn't moved from his bed since he'd climbed in it early the next morning and was tangled in dishevelled sheets with his hood up and a bin beside his bed. The pair felt they'd grown closer than ever before after that morning when Harrison found him all depressed, feeling sick to his stomach and thought hanging out would become common practice. And it did for a few months, until the second time the blond had found him in the same state, just a bit worse.
He found Oakley crying and vomiting on his bedroom floor, grasping at his stomach and choking on air. Harrison could no longer view him as the same nonchalant and cocky man he thought he knew. They never spoke casually after that, only communicating for invitations or the occasional drug deal.

Marvin regretted ever asking him because now he was even more of a recluse and refused to communicate with him at all. Oakley was an over-thinker and probably perceived the simple question as a plea to be excused and god he should've known. There were too many things here he should be remembering and taking into precaution but his brain was a minefield and nothing was actually running across it. He shouldn't have to know or remember anything, he shouldn't even have to be here but he was because he felt he had a duty now: to fix the fragile boy he may have accidentally just broken again.

"Man ya gotta get up now, stop being silly 'n tha I'm not playin'. I dunno what M one lets ya get away with yeah but I'm not takin' no's"

And god here he was doing it again, doing something he should've known not to do: mention Michaela. This was all too much. For the first time in his life, he was actually feeling overwhelmed and had no idea what to do. He was always so sure and understanding of everything; that's what Oakley loved about him. But now he was absolutely defeated and playing this by eye. To his surprise, the other pushed the duvet away from his face and made some sort of half-assed effort to sit up against the headboard of his bed. Marvin watched from the middle of the room standing on the fluffy grey rug with his arms crossed and his shoes still on. Oakley would kill him if he was conscious enough; shoes from outside had to stay at the front door and especially not go on the rug. He was - oddly - a clean freak when he wasn't rotting away in his room and the sheer thought of shoes on his expensive rug would normally send him into cardiac arrest. Right now he couldn't care any less.

The man had now swung his legs out from under the blanket and placed his feet onto the floor, resting his arms on his knees and letting his head hang lowly above. Marvin just watched for a second and waited for his next move until it never came. He was wearing the same tracksuit he had seen him wear the day Michaela left, which he had probably worn the day before that too. He had known that Oakley was with Shanel before he had told either of them. He and Shanel had a past themselves and still kept in touch because she wasn't just a groupie to him, they had love. It was a stab to the heart hearing this was where she was headed that night last week but he had reminded himself why that love was lost and the pain slowly faded. However, a whole new burst of hurt rippled through his chest soon after; it was going to kill Michaela. Sure enough, it did too. As he stood in the middle of Oakley's bedroom still in an awfully dead silence he tried to understand who's side he was choosing. The humid atmosphere and the heavy breathing of the man on the bed made it too hard to process even a single thought; he still wasn't sure. Oakley had this effect on everybody, that when they got close to him or even just near him every consistent and steady thing in their life just blows up and they're left unknowing and unsure even if they were the complete opposite before. It was becoming a huge problem for Marvin, especially now. He didn't know how to fix any of this he just knew he had to.

His phone suddenly pinged loudly catching both of the men's attention and alerting them of a message being received. Oakley looked up at the other in front of him with his tired, sad eyes and grimaced. Marvin still somehow held that stupid, unmistakable grin on his face despite all of his confusion and this negativity and it made him sick.

2:03 pmAno u don't wanna hear from men pls don't hate me ye but i'm going to see Oaks XHope ur okay aswell X

2:03 pm
Ano u don't wanna hear from me
n pls don't hate me ye but i'm
going to see Oaks X
Hope ur okay aswell X

U wot?
seen