While we were chatting, he asked if I was free tomorrow, and I told him I had plans in the morning but we could do lunch. Come the next morning, I was planning on taking a shower after my morning walk with a friend but I didn't think I had the time and my hair was looking a lil crusty but its fine its just a first date and I can't be setting too high expectations I told myself and besides he's prob gonna be ugly lol. Its been over a month on snapchat and I haven't seen a single pic of this guys face, can't trust it. But hey I might get a meal out of it. I checked the time and was already running late, oh great at least its only 10 min. As soon as I get there I remember just how much I HATE midtown parking and all the one way only streets. I finally made it to the restaurant and welp the parking for the restaurant is all filled up. Thankfully I found street parking and now im 10 more min late. Really making this man wait. I start trying walking into the wrong door and find out that I have to go on the other side.

I started walking in the other direction to see a text "I think I see you go the other way" OH GREAT can't run now but also hope I can recognize him I start heading the other way to turn the corner I just came from and start looking down at my phone and "casually" look up thankfully a boy standing leaning against one of the doors caught my eyes with and put his phone away. "Oh no I can't even remember what his name is" I think to myself. He was actually really cute wearing a long sleeve button up with the sleeves cuffed below his elbows and khakis. That outfit alone made him so much cuter. He had long dark brown hair just shy of his shoulders which I was not prepared for at all. Honestly was kinda turned off by it bc im not a huge fan of guys with long hair but this man had a strong jawline which caught my attention immediately so I figured I could give him a chance. "I put my name down when I got here but they're so busy today" he said after our greeting. I didn't mind but I was definitely thinking twice about how much more casual I was dressed compared to him. I definitely was looking normal but he was dressed up. I was nearly immediately attracted to him.

I was expecting an average guy but of course the one time I was not having my best day I go on a first date with a very attractive man. I didn't think I was out of his league but I definitely was the closer to the bottom cusp. We got seated outside which was great because the weather was actually pleasant- just a subtle chill that was nicely complemented by the warm Florida sun.  The rest of the meal was a blur of laughing and smiling and just listening to him talk. He was a total nerd just knowing all these random facts as soon as he started talking about something I saw his resemblance to Spencer Reid, from criminal minds, who is easily one of my favorite tv crushes of all time. As if my attraction couldn't have gotten any bigger any faster, 'THIS IS A FIRST DATE" I tried to remind myself but it just felt natural from the moment we sat. We just kept talking and talking. I didn't realize how much time had passed til we realized we were on our second water refills after the check was paid for but I so desperately didn't want to have to leave. "Um do you want to walk around, I don't know if that's ok with you..." he looked down at my walking brace boot from breaking my foot last month. I immediately jumped to say no its no problem I just walked a couple miles in the morning its really ok!! In retrospect I realize how desperate I was sounding but a girl was already simping, I couldn't help it.

We started walking along the street aimlessly when Jack suggested we go to a bar that was just 0.1 miles away. We followed the gps to a literal hole in the wall bar. It was a vibe for sure. We again spent another hour just talking and letting the time pass us. Finally we started walking over but Jack's car was parked closer so he said he could just drop me off at my car. Despite being a total nerd, this man def has his fair share of dumb moments. When we got to the parking lot, he thought his car had gotten towed which would've made for an excellent first date story but no he was in the wrong lot. Needless to say, in the short distance it took to get to my car, we ended up just chatting in the car again, I guess both of us weren't ready to say goodbye. "So what are your plans this week?" Jack asked and I didn't even think before replying with wayyy too much eagerness "Oh Im free everyday after work I basically don't do anything after that so Im free everyday. Im really flexible and .." Thankfully he cut in and said "I'll just text you" with a smirk on his lips and a glint in his eye. This man had no right to flip a switch and become this smooth. To say that alone instantly shut me up is an understatement, I couldn't even utter an ok. I smiled and just ran out of the car into my own. He drove away after I got in my car and I literally screamed soooo loud. I can not believe the level of pure embarrassment I have from this one date. He was so cute and sweet and fun to be with. I had to be a total weirdo omg. After pulling myself together, I head home anxious about if I'd get a snapchat notification with his name. It was 11pm and I still hadn't heard anything from him, I was just gonna wait but I texted my friend Rachel and she said to just text him first. Needless to say, I couldn't wait any longer and texted him first. After what felt like forever, "I had a great time too :)"